WTB: Low Mileage LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what’s tough. They weren’t crazy then, but will they ever go back to that is the question. Or is this the new normal
What's your goal? Low miles on the engine or rust free? Both? Replacing the engine isn't crazy expensive and leaves opportunities for improvement. Higher mileage in great shape brings the price down.

The LJ I recently bought is so smooth and rust free inside the frame that's what sealed the deal for me but it's got 63K on it. All I wanted it for is the body, frame and dash since everything else is getting replaced. Didn't need a Rubicon since I wouldn't keep anything Rubicon, probably replacing the hood too.

Reactions: Irun
That’s what’s tough. They weren’t crazy then, but will they ever go back to that is the question. Or is this the new normal
I suspect they will go back down, but not like it was just 2 years ago. I'm guessing we'll settle in the mid 20's for a clean lower miles LJR.

Reactions: zebra12
Can't find one like mine.
I was looking for some to see what kind of money they're bringing. Since everything is going up these days.
Couldn't find one LJR for sale, not even on Ebay.

I finally ended up finding one with 60,000 on it. It actually makes sense to me now after seeing the production breakdown by color of LJR. Some of the colors are more rare than the rubihara since they made <1,000 of them. They are definitely hard to find

This one popped up in Iowa. On the high side of pricing, that's for sure.

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/fort-madison-2006-wrangler-rubicon/7335255288.html

Screenshot_20210616-210632_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Apparition
So many people don't realize you can turn the phone sideways. The phone manufacturers should do it automatically.

Paid $16,000 for my stock Sport auto with 28,000 miles. Came with a BestTop bed cover and rear wind break still in the box, tires are original but planned on changing them anyway. Been looking for some time, found two on the Island for about the same price but twice the miles and either in the same condition or worse. Limited market in Islands so felt lucky to have found that many LJ's. May have been able to get the LJ for less but was skittish after getting aced out on the other two for the same money. The owner's paid $16,000 for the truck 5 years ago and had only put a couple thousand miles on it. TJ's are common, mostly over 6 figure mileage but still asking $8-$12,000.

An LJ Rubicon just sold on Kauai for about the same price but had frame rust and over 100K miles. It sold almost the day it was listed.

Damn that’s a nice one, I maybe should have bought that one! I looked everywhere for a silver auto

Status
Not open for further replies.