Lower ball joint seems too small

Jmr17320

TJ Enthusiast
Seem the new Spicer 706944X ball joint may be too small? I was able to slide it in by hand almost to its final spot?

Upper is about the same too. Do I need a different ball joint or is this common?

4BBA7784-30A8-431F-AA1D-C022F05ACF02.jpeg

75DBE2F1-5050-4FD7-9BF5-8893E95F4BD8.jpeg

Can't go to Spicers (or ANY smooth body BJ) now that you use knurled. Well you can, but it involves ball peening the hole OR Spicer ball joint body and/or more work

Last edited:
Does dimpling and loctite really work?

Seems like a lot to ask of a simple and thread lock? Not trying to be negative, just want to keep it safe

Does dimpling and loctite really work?

Seems like a lot to ask of a simple and thread lock? Not trying to be negative, just want to keep it safe
It works and it’s safe. The lower Joint can’t go anywhere by design and carries the weight. The upper joint forces are mostly lateral. As long as the lack of interference fit isn’t greater than .015 which is the largest gap the loctite 680 will fill, it will work fine.
I wouldn’t install a Moog ball joint even if they were free.

Reactions: Grant Lasson
I used a sharp center punch but I guess went a little heavy with the hammer. I wanted to be sure I was creating a decent “wave”.
I have the OTC ball joint tool with the Jeep adapters, so hopefully they will go in appropriately and fit snug

I used a sharp center punch but I guess went a little heavy with the hammer. I wanted to be sure I was creating a decent “wave”.
I have the OTC ball joint tool with the Jeep adapters, so hopefully they will go in appropriately and fit snug
So how did it turn out??