Lower speeds don't work after fan switch install

Tom D

2006 TJ. I had a new small (1 DIN?) radio installed. After the install, the fan switch did not work on the 2 lower speeds. The 2 upper speeds work fine.
The installer said nothing he did could affect the fan switch. It's in a separate module from the radio. It must be "coincidence".
Does this sound true? Are there separate wires on the switch for each speed? Is it worth pulling it apart and seeing if it's just a loose wire?
Again, the 2 higher speeds work fine.

Also a 2006 TJ. I had a double DIN unit installed a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing today: the lower two speeds stoped working. I did not connect the two things.

2006 TJ. I had a new small (1 DIN?) radio installed. After the install, the fan switch did not work on the 2 lower speeds. The 2 upper speeds work fine.
The installer said nothing he did could affect the fan switch. It's in a separate module from the radio. It must be "coincidence".
Does this sound true? Are there separate wires on the switch for each speed? Is it worth pulling it apart and seeing if it's just a loose wire?
Again, the 2 higher speeds work fine.
Sounds like the Blower motor resistor located behind the glove box. Typical symptom is that the blower works on some speeds but not others. Search the forum I am sure there are other posts about the resistor going bad.

How do you ID the correct resistor behind the glovebox? And where do you get it? Having the same problem on a '99. Second fan speed does not work.