Lube Locker gaskets: Great differential and transmission gaskets

pocojo

TJ Enthusiast
Hello fellow Jeepers,

I just changed both differential oils in my TJ. I found these "Lube Locker" gaskets and although they are more costly than the standard ones, once you see them you will know why. As far as the sealing ability and neatness of installation without RTV and other inconveniences of the regular ones, I would never buy any other in the future. Worth looking at. Im not completely sure but I think they may be reusable.

Pocojo

Reactions: Rich1961 and Capt'n
I have lubelockers on both ends. Definitely re-usable and worth every penny IMO. No messy RTV, and no wait-to-dry timeframe.

Reactions: Capt'n
You'll find them on both my diffs as well... simple, clean, effective... I'm a fan.
20190530_101750.jpg

I've got one for my Dana 44 that I bought from @toximus and his WranglerTJForum online store. LOL He has everything!

I plan on getting the Dana 30 and 42RLE gaskets too before the time comes to change them.

I have lubelockers on both ends. Definitely re-usable and worth every penny IMO. No messy RTV, and no wait-to-dry timeframe.
x2.

After the second time removing the diff covers I bought the reusable seals (F/R) since I was tired out removing the RTV. I have only removed the rear cover once since and it worked great without leaks.

Reactions: Capt'n
I’ll add to the fun.

I have them on both my diffs and have had them off several times for gears, fluid changes, lunchbox lockers etc. Absolutely zero leaks even after several removals. I just clean them off good and put them back on.

Makes diff work a breeze.

Reactions: Capt'n and Alex01
I had a lubelocker gasket on my rear Dana 35 and I couldn't get it stop leaking. Could have been my cover wasn't perfect, but the RTV doesn't care, no more leaks. I do like the idea of a gasket though.

I had a lubelocker gasket on my rear Dana 35 and I couldn't get it stop leaking. Could have been my cover wasn't perfect, but the RTV doesn't care, no more leaks. I do like the idea of a gasket though.
Did you clean the contact surface with anything when before putting the LubeLocker on?

Apparently if you remove a Lube Locker you are not supposed to clean the mating surface with something like “break clean.” This can cause leaks when using a LubeLocker.

Reactions: Sj's TJ
Did you clean the contact surface with anything when before putting the LubeLocker on?

Apparently if you remove a Lube Locker you are not supposed to clean the mating surface with something like “break clean.” This can cause leaks when using a LubeLocker.

I did use break clean because I needed to get the old RTV off. I got my gaskets for free and I ditched them just used RTV and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lube Locker gaskets are fine so long as the gasket surfaces are in perfect shape. There's a Lube Locker gasket on my rear axle but it took RTV on my front axle, it leaked with the Lube Locker gasket despite multiple failed attempts to get it to seal.

What’s the best method of cleaning before installing the lube locker?

What’s the best method of cleaning before installing the lube locker?
Use a razor blade, plastic razor blades are my preferred choice, as I can really go to town with them without the fear of cutting myself.
762C76B5-AEAA-4022-94A9-9C6A072B9A75.jpeg

Once most of the big chunks of RTV or old paper gasket material are removed you can use a die grinder with a paper abrasive pad on it. (Think of a light sand paper cut into a circle that fits on the end of a 90 degree die grinder)
6D742773-571B-4096-B8AF-BBAF3419A619.jpeg

If you dont have a electric/air die grinder, maybe you could use a sanding block with some light abrasive sand paper on it. Use a scotch brite pad or emery cloth.
FD2F9FC7-A25E-4470-8A60-B44DA47988E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom