M.O.R.E. has a 20% off discount ending today. Looking at the oil pan skid

gbirk

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, I just ordered it. Seems like a quality product, and the price was good with the coupon and free shipping.

I will let you know how I like it when I get it installed.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Does anyone have any experience with the M.O.R.E. oil pan/transmission skid plate? They have 20% off today, and I am thinking about picking it up. I was just wondering if there is a reason to go to another brand or if anyone has 1st hand experience with this one.

Putting it on a 2002 TJ with an automatic. 2.5" lift.

https://mountainoffroad.com/collect...on-skid-plate-96-06-tj?variant=40904472887407

I can’t tell from the pics how the MORE design meets the required parameters. Since I prefer Aluminum due to its flexibility and weight, and it is a known entity, I went with Savvy for $25 more.

Install was easy and I don’t ever have to worry about rust.

Reactions: gbirk and jjvw
I can’t tell from the pics how the MORE design meets the required parameters. Since I prefer Aluminum due to its flexibility and weight, and it is a known entity, I went with Savvy for $25 more.

Install was easy and I don’t ever have to worry about rust.

The Savvy and the M.O.R.E. seem to mount very similarly (brackets to the motor mounts and bolt to the factory skid plate at the back), and while aluminum would be nice, I am in Oregon where rust is not nearly the issue that East coasters have to deal with. The Savvy is $499 plus $33 shipping for me, but with the 20% discount, the M.O.R.E. is $380 shipped, $152 more seem like a lot to pay for an aluminum plate. I don't know, I may regret it we will see.

I didn't even see that one. Extra $100 over steel. Saves a bit of weight I suppose. Oh well, too late now, I already ordered the steel one.

It's a matter of accumulation. One skid won't matter much if it is steel or aluminum. But when the Jeep is fully outfitted underneath and on the body, along with selecting steel bits that aren't larger than is necessary, the difference can be several hundred pounds. Whether or not one finds a lightweight Jeep desirable is fundamental to this even being a concern.

I didn't even see that one. Extra $100 over steel. Saves a bit of weight I suppose. Oh well, too late now, I already ordered the steel one.

Call them. They will upgrade your order no problem.
oes anyone have any experience with t

Missed this yesterday. I have this skid on two TJ’s currently and on a YJ. Fit and function are great. Could use a little reinforcement the one on my LJ does have an upward bow to it but oil pan and tranny pan are well protected.