Manual clutch bouncing when released

cpwolf

Texan
Supporting Member
I've got the 6 speed NSG370 in my 2005. 2 years ago it was rebuilt, all new clutch fork, ball, spring, etc. I've also got the NSG370 in our 2008.

The 2008 the clutch has always 'bounced" a little, like the pressure isn't consistent etc. My 2005 is starting to do it, and it's very annoying.

Coming out of 1st on a hill, does it but it does sitting still as well. The 2008 really bad.

I'm going to be hacked off if all the spring, throwout bearing etc with the new LUK clutch has this issue, less than 5k miles.

I'm wondering, has anyone see that the slave cylinder losing pressure could do this? Would be a hell of a lot easier fix in that I wouldn't have to drop the transmission.

Bump to see if anyone has any ideas.

Only times I've experienced this was from a well worn disc, warped PP or damaged flywheel from heat. Ive never had issues with LUK clutches but Ive roasted a few abusing them with to big of tires, tall gears and abusive off roading. Did the pilot bushing or bearing get replaced when the new parts were installed?

Reactions: AndyG
I think what you are calling bouncing I call chatter, did you put a new or reman disc and pressure plate in it when you did the other components? In my experience with manual setups its either a weak pressure plate or binding linkage that doesn't let the disc seat evenly to the flywheel causing it to chatter, does it do it in low range as well?

Sorry, am away for by sons college graduation, ha.

The 2008 is bad, and yes it’s got crappy gearing and 35’s.

My 05 TJ had 4.11 with 33’s and now 4.88 with 35’s as of this summer. It just has a hint of this starting.

The 08 Throwout bearing chatters big time, and I probably need to just drop and replace. I may drop the 05 and check all the components. It’s been rock solid for 2 years with the new LUK clutch. I may be over thinking thr 05 Throwout making some noise.

One can adapt for lack of a better term to the chatter by manipulating the gas and clutch just so. Kind of a give it gas, start to release the clutch as you let off the gas and for me it minimalizes the chatter. If the kids are driving it...well good luck. I always cringed when next to big rig and as the operator takes off it looks like the drive line should snap. Same issue, bigger mess in one.