Max deflation for 35" tires on 15" non- beadlock rims

So I'm going to pretend the wheel is 8-10 inches because I'm thinking that is going to be what it ends up being.

Question: what kind of terrain are you airing down for? That might help people understand the degree of airing down that makes sense.

My gut says don't go under 12 but that's a total guess and that would be something I would do for low speed crawling. For higher speed stuff maybe 15? Again, these are what I would try that would be reasonably safe. I always leave my spare at 25 though so I can match lower psi if I need to.

Reactions: jeep_boss
So I'm going to pretend the wheel is 8-10 inches because I'm thinking that is going to be what it ends up being.

Question: what kind of terrain are you airing down for? That might help people understand the degree of airing down that makes sense.

My gut says don't go under 12 but that's a total guess and that would be something I would do for low speed crawling. For higher speed stuff maybe 15? Again, these are what I would try that would be reasonably safe. I always leave my spare at 25 though so I can match lower psi if I need to.
Freudian slip. 15x10 is what I meant.

I don't do any super hardcore wheeling (no daredevil Moab type stuff, just shady mountain trails and washed out creeks for the most part). I haven't dropped the PSI below 26.5 (cold), but as the tread wears I'd like to get them down a little further. Based off of what you wrote, my next target of 22 PSI should be fine then.

Freudian slip. 15x10 is what I meant.

I don't do any super hardcore wheeling (no daredevil Moab type stuff, just shady mountain trails and washed out creeks for the most part). I haven't dropped the PSI below 26.5 (cold), but as the tread wears I'd like to get them down a little further. Based off of what you wrote, my next target of 22 PSI should be fine then.
Oh good, I was thinking it must be a typo. Sorry I can't give you solid numbers because I only run 33s at the moment so I hope they aren't too different, I just saw that your thread wasn't getting any traction so I thought I might be able to get things started.

22 is definitely safe, but I would say you aren't going to get too much benefit by only dropping 4 psi. I would actually be a bit surprised if you could tell the difference at low speed. Maybe shoot for 18, if that feels good at the speeds you are going on the terrain you are in then you could go to 14 next and just stop there to be safe.

Reactions: jeep_boss
I was probably close to 10 psi on that ride.

6714118731_2cdeac0b79_b.jpg

6714119935_c611291285_b_d.jpg

I’ll run my 33s on 16 Moab’s to 12 PSI. I’ve read people running those to 8 without losing a bead, but haven’t tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Chris
Does anyone know what a "sane" low PSI value would be for 35x12.50 (BFG KO2s) on 15x10 non-beadlock aluminum wheels?
My technical English is not perfect, but think you mean humps with it.
In official formula sheet I once got hold of qith official European formula to calculate tire-pressure, adciced was not to go lower then 150 kPa wich is 21 psi I think.
Saw in lists often 140 kPa think 20 psi.
Manny thougt this eas to prevent the tire from coming off the rimm.
Nowadays rimms have 2 humps ( 2 times PANG when mounted) wich prevent them from that and you can go lower. But you dont have them so 20 psi is minimum.