Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

Shit balls worked well to lube my JJ's, even used one of my wife's makeup brushes to apply it to the exposed part of the centering balls of the joints. No more creaking.
Wanna share your shit ball application method? I need to regrease mine, after getting into the clay and silt on Drummond. They sound like my knees after a pond hockey weekend

Wanna share your shit ball application method? I need to regrease mine, after getting into the clay and silt on Drummond. They sound like my knees after a pond hockey weekend
I used a pry bar to misalign the joint all the way to one side, then gob CV-2 on a makeup brush and paint and blot grease onto the exposed part of the centering ball, then misalign to the other side and repeat. I then work the joint back and forth repeatedly with the pry bar. Finally, go wheeling in a non clay zone and flex the shit out of your suspension.

Last edited:
Yeah. Our trail leader got stuck going up the main entry ledge to Widow Maker. I had to winch him up with a snatch block; couldn't get him down as his rear bumper was pinned under a rock in the water. Everyone else turned around. I then winched myself up and continued with him on Widow Maker rather than leaving him by himself. Everyone else met us at the exit. There were some big rocks and only one way to pass some areas. Water was deep making it impossible to see how big some climbs were. View attachment 259235View attachment 259236View attachment 259237View attachment 259238View attachment 259239View attachment 259240View attachment 259241View attachment 259242
That looks like a pretty cool trail. And now is the perfect time for the corner armor. Straighten it out as best you can, touch up any bare metal, and throw on the corner armor to cover it all up. Good as new.

That looks like a pretty cool trail. And now is the perfect time for the corner armor. Straighten it out as best you can, touch up any bare metal, and throw on the corner armor to cover it all up. Good as new.
That's the plan. Have a lot to do this winter. Luckily, the wife is doing a garage sale this weekend and cleaning out the garage. I'm hoping to get my work space back.

Gratuitous poser shot at work.
20210622_164012_HDR.jpg
20210622_163946.jpg

Looks like ill have to cut my own...Savvy LJ corner armor only available for order on the blanks. I've reqched out to them to see if they're going to make more. If not, ill cut my own. Hell it might even be enough to motivate me to stretch the rear a little. Ive already got the Genright tank. 🤔

@mrblaine I'm ordering the Savvy corner armor and rear bumper. I've been driving like Helen Keller lately, as is evident by my recent body damage all over the rear. So, I am wondering: are the corner angles on the front and rear Savvy bumpers close enough to use the hardcore upgrade on the rear as well?

@mrblaine I'm ordering the Savvy corner armor and rear bumper. I've been driving like Helen Keller lately, as is evident by my recent body damage all over the rear. So, I am wondering: are the corner angles on the front and rear Savvy bumpers close enough to use the hardcore upgrade on the rear as well?
I don't know but I can check today.

Reactions: taylormade73
You preparing to run a demolition derby? Sheesh....