Memorial Day deals

macleanflood

I break sh!t
Supporting Member
Figured we ought to start a post on Memorial Day deals...

Rugged Radios is having a 15% sale through the 31st.

Harbor Freight has coupons for 6 ton jack stands and their ball joint press.

-Mac

P.S. Also not Memorial Day but this ends at midnight...Rhino (not made in the) USA...get a throw away strap or two...you want anything real got WRG!

IMG_20240520_092502.jpg

Not really Jeep related, but REI has a really good sale. Just bought a bunch of stuff a couple days ago. Got some $240 boots for $35

Fuck REI. They donate to groups that oppose all outdoor activity besides hiking and biking. I like driving my jeep in the woods.

I have a background in wood products and think wood is one of the most environmentally-friendly building materials there is. It's also very economical which is important because I also support affordable housing. They oppose all logging and would rather we just let our forests burn.

I won't give them any of my money.

Fuck REI. They donate to groups that oppose all outdoor activity besides hiking and biking. I like driving my jeep in the woods.

I have a background in wood products and think wood is one of the most environmentally-friendly building materials there is. It's also very economical which is important because I also support affordable housing. They oppose all logging and would rather we just let our forests burn.

I only buy from REI when I get stuff so cheap they have to be losing money.

Which ones did you get? I really want to order a set with inners but I just had to get my AC fixed in the truck.

I went aluminum non-hiline with inners and lights. I was originally going to go hiline but decided I was going to stay on 33s and didn't want all the hassle of relocating everything.

Reactions: BC Moto

When REI closed their store in the Pearl, I wondered if they realized the folks/causes/politics they support hurt their business.

I saw these posted a little while ago and just pulled the trigger.
A lot of money for headlights, but they seem to be high quality and don;t look like crap on an old TJ. Also, my eyesight ain't what it used to be so some extra light at night will be nice.

Holly has the RetroBright lights (and some other stuff) at 19% off with free shipping.
https://www.holley.com/products/electrical/led_lighting/retrobright/

Reactions: MikekiM

I had no clue about any of this! Will have to look into that… Totally agree with you!

When REI closed their store in the Pearl, I wondered if they realized the folks/causes/politics they support hurt their business.

In early 2018, in response to the shooting at the high school in Parkland, Florida, REI stupidly decided to virtue signal by sending out a statement stating that they would no longer purchase from Vista Outdoors, a company that owns many outdoor brands, including Savage Arms (at the time), because they hadn't said what they're plan was to eliminate those evil black rifles they make. Vista Outdoors later sold Savage Arms, and REI released an updated statement saying that they were resuming purchases from Vista since they no longer owned Savage.

At the time they put out the first statement, I spent nearly all my hobby funds on backpack hunting gear, and I annually spent thousands of dollars at REI. After receiving the first statement from REI, I waited until I got my annual dividend, took it in the form of a check, and then sent all of it to the NRA. I then sent REI a letter stating that I was done with them and that I took my dividend check and donated it to the NRA so that they could continue to fight for my Second Amendment rights. I know some gun owners don't like the NRA due to Wayne LaPierre (he is a douchebag, after all), but I knew that just seeing "NRA" causes the do-gooders to freak out, so the NRA was the right place to send it, as far as I was concerned.

I haven't set foot in an REI store since. Oddly enough, the one that was 30 minutes from my home closed up in January 2019. Coincidence? I think not. Don't mess with Texans!