Metal grab bars for entry

For those that have had these for a while, do they ever get in the way? Whether wheeling and you pitch wrong or getting in and out of the Jeep, even while working in the cab, do the bars and your noggin ever get each others way?

never

For those that have had these for a while, do they ever get in the way? Whether wheeling and you pitch wrong or getting in and out of the Jeep, even while working in the cab, do the bars and your noggin ever get each others way?

I've never noticed them in way of anything.

Amazon cheapo's here. Does the 03' have the plastic windshield trim? If so, prepare to bore two holes.

I've never noticed them in way of anything.
That's because you never had the Velcro attached webbing grab handles. If you had, you'd note fairly quickly that the steel versions well get in the way of the webbing versions ripping and dropping you on your ass.

Reactions: HYRYSC
Amazon cheapo's here. Does the 03' have the plastic windshield trim? If so, prepare to bore two holes.
I was concerned with drilling the holes also. For a while I did not drill the holes and did not reinstall the trim pieces. Once I did drill the holes I realized that you can't really see the holes while sitting in the seat.

That's because you never had the Velcro attached webbing grab handles. If you had, you'd note fairly quickly that the steel versions well get in the way of the webbing versions ripping and dropping you on your ass.

I also have a set of Mastercraft velcro handles that came with the Jeep. I use both, but the GraBars get used more.

Both of my Jeeps had the webbing style on when I bought them and were trashed right away, even before I knew there was a product like Grabars.

Where is that dude who believes billet material has magical properties? In think he installed grab handles that cost nearly $200 because billet.

I also have the Hooke Offroad version off Amazon. They are solid, not hollow bars that don't flex. I wasn't too worried about having to drill the plastic A pillar cover.

Grab Bars here. I hoist my 210 lb. carcass into the seat using these every time. Solid feel, no deflection.

DSCN1551.JPG

I bought the Grabars. I also made sure to get the rubber ring for the holes I drilled. It makes a world of difference cleaning it up and makes it look professionally installed. I was paranoid about drilling the trim pieces and measured like a thousand times. One came out a bit off and I had to make the hole a little oblong to get it to work. But, you can’t tell with the rubber ring. The other side came out perfect after I adjusted. I’m very happy with them. At that time I think I was about 250 pounds. No movement from them at all. Almost all the weight is gone now though, yay.
BTW, this picture is of the side I messed up on.

783632D9-7BFA-4882-9AD1-078F77F0C8CD.jpeg

I was given a set of Amazon or eBay knock offs as a gift. They’re solid, no flexing even with my 260 yarding on them. Round bar stock, not hollow. Good welds to the mounting plate of more than adequate thickness. The grips are marked OPAR, but otherwise look identical to the “OFROAD” ones on Amazon.