Metalcloak rock slider experience?

Bowhunter

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Wanted to see if anyone had experience with using metalcloak’s sliders on rocks and how they hold up?

I’ve read JMT’s slider review threads at least 10-15 times at had decided to go a different way but right now they have a 10% off and free shipping

My largest reservation is that the bolts only go into the side of the tub, none from underneath per the instructions

Thanks for adding them

Not a big sale but $505 out the door (to my door) seems appealing. Sale is on until 6pm pacific time

Thanks, I’ve read almost every slider thread I could find and had decided on a different one but this sale caught my attention and figured I’d ask around because I haven’t see too many reviews on these MCs

Well then you see that the MC sacrifices coverage, attachment and clearance for starters. They might hold up for your use, they might not.

I went with the Genright’s as Savvy wasn’t available, and I wanted a step.

Reactions: Bowhunter
Well then you see that the MC sacrifices coverage, attachment and clearance for starters. They might hold up for your use, they might not.

I went with the Genright’s as Savvy wasn’t available, and I wanted a step.

Good choice on the Genrights! Shipping cost is just holding me back on those

The shipping cost is crazy. You could wait till they offer free shipping, perhaps this upcoming Labor Day.

Yeah I’m only a state away and it was $$$. They have a rock sliders sale now, just need free shipping

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Don't let price be your only guide. Points already made tell the story. Also, the integrated aspect sacrifices full wheel well to wheel well coverage. Given the weight, lack of bottom tie in bolts, reduced coverage, without their corners and fenders, best to look elsewhere.

Don't let price be your only guide. Points already made tell the story. Also, the integrated aspect sacrifices full wheel well to wheel well coverage. Given the weight, lack of bottom tie in bolts, reduced coverage, without their corners and fenders, best to look elsewhere.

10-4 thanks for the info

Reactions: Irun
Metalcloak runs the 10% off free shipping sale at least once a month so I wouldn't rush. $500 bucks is still a chunk and it would be a shame to regret the purchase.

Metalcloak runs the 10% off free shipping sale at least once a month so I wouldn't rush. $500 bucks is still a chunk and it would be a shame to regret the purchase.

Good to know, I had wondered about that but I just recently signed up for their updates