Jacqu_rose

Hi all. I have an 02 TJ 4 cylinder and last week both of my low beams were out on start.

Turn signals worked, parking lights worked, high beam and fog lights worked. I bought an MFS replacement, put the old hazard relay on, now the low beams worked but the turn signals and hazards were out. Bought a new hazard relay, put it in the new MFS, still out.

Just for kicks, put the new hazard relay on the original MFS, and the low beams were out (as they should be) but the turn signals and hazards were out too (which they weren’t originally).

Bought a 2nd MFS replacement (duralast this time, maybe internal issues on the 1st replacement?), put the new hazard on, no change. Turn signals and hazards still off.

Also, checked bulbs (no issues), fuses (no issues) relays (no issues) circuits and now I’m stumped. I did not use an OEM hazard relay, but read that might make a difference? Don’t want to drop another $100 for nothing though. Any thoughts before I take it in?

Download the FSM from the resources section and check your grounds. I'd start with both your battery terminals. I know on my 97 there's an important ground by the passenger headlight and another one under the passenger speaker cover.

-Mac

From the facts you posted it looks like it can only be something you did wrong. How did you check the fuses, did you remove each one and check with a meter? If you did the work with the battery still connected I think there is a high likelihood that you melted a fuse or two. Other than that the facts you presented suggest it can only be something you missed during re-assembly. Don't give up yet.