Midnight LJR Build

My helper that you met and I were discussing your build. The conversation centered around the fact that we aren't particularly skilled or great at what we do, we are just patient, persistent, and don't quit until we have it right.

I think being your helper for a while would be an interesting gig...Maybe boring at times, but like Daniel-San and Mr. Miyagi, I bet I'd learn a ton, just by "painting the fence" :)

@mrblaine How do you address the rear bracket contacting the rear threaded bung for the skid? 03-06 TJ
72C72D7E-D499-4AFF-8367-24E146CF9754.jpeg

I think being your helper for a while would be an interesting gig...Maybe boring at times, but like Daniel-San and Mr. Miyagi, I bet I'd learn a ton, just by "painting the fence" :)
There are a lot of painting the fence type lessons. If you learn and do them, we don't have problems. They have come about to solve problems that I despise. Ones like looking for fasteners. Fasteners removed from the rig forward of the middle skid plate go under the front jack stands side for side. Any removed from the rear of the middle skid bolt go under the rear jack stands. All lug nuts get torqued no matter what. Lug nut keys live 1 of 3 places. In your hand in use, on the cowl, or in the rig. If violated and rig leaves without key, you get to deliver to location of owner's choice at time of choice, no questions asked. Vehicle keys go on the hook, in the ignition or in the door. They do not go in your pocket or any place else ever. If you use my personal keys for any reason, they go back in my hand when you are done, they never go in your pocket. Never stand any cordless tool up on the battery with one exception, the little lights that may be needed to point someplace. Standing tools just fall that much further. If they are as low as they can get, they can't fall. Never touch anything on the interior with hands with any fluid on them. Wash hands with hand cleaner first before entering the vehicle for any reason, no exceptions. I do not care what else you have to do, if I am welding under the rig, you have to watch me. I've been on fire and not known it too many times for that to change. If you see me on fire, try not to shake my welding position while you put me out.

Alright hope you guys can handle the excitement of today’s update after the last one.

Installed a Quadratec switch for the the interior lights. Mostly so when Inopen the doors when I get home late at night in does not wake my daughter up. I could have made it myself but it was a nice little kit and made it easy.

E6F01DD6-D6F8-44D0-9F0D-12881908F0A9.jpeg
3CE5AD7D-86BD-4853-A1E9-76175CF2173E.jpeg
22AB6B64-C656-4FD6-BA28-69836D46719C.jpeg

I also installed the TRE fairlead, I like the black better than the Warn one and the way it holds the thimble. I also have the front license plate bracket for it but am waiting for my custom license plate to install that.

48177072-45C9-41B6-9614-17BEE3C64E38.jpeg

Alright hope you guys can handle the excitement of today’s update after the last one.

Installed a Quadratec switch for the the interior lights. Mostly so when Inopen the doors when I get home late at night in does not wake my daughter up. I could have made it myself but it was a nice little kit and made it easy.

View attachment 154693View attachment 154695View attachment 154694

I also installed the TRE fairlead, I like the black better than the Warn one and the way it holds the thimble. I also have the front license plate bracket for it but am waiting for my custom license plate to install that.

View attachment 154697
I’m anxious to see the plate holder. I’ve been thinking of what I’m going to do once my bumpers get here 🤔

I’m anxious to see the plate holder. I’ve been thinking of what I’m going to do once my bumpers get here 🤔

Here’s photo of it. You should be able to figure out from the pictures. But basically first part goes behind the winch. They were nice enough to put a opening in it so you don’t have to remove thimble.

Then it has two metal latches that hook to that. You can use the pins to make sure it doesn’t come out and it even has places for little padlocks to keep someone from stealing.

Front license plate bolts use security Torx. But 2 of my bolts seized up when installing my license plate. I guess because they are stainless I should have used anti-seize. So I am gonna have to cut them off and get new hardware. So just figure I will install it when my custom plates come.
A746EEE4-38DB-43C6-92D5-320674D9D60C.jpeg
DD96C219-F6EE-452D-AD65-3BCD61CCC216.jpeg
B646B67F-8A7A-4428-A1DD-2C4ACA91014E.jpeg
793BB1D1-C24A-41FD-A019-D366B0AF4941.jpeg