Mikes LJR

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
I recently found the perfect Jeep for me. A low mileage 2006 Silver LJR with manual transmission. It was a three day trip to Houston and back and halfway there I almost turned around thinking it was crazy to go that far for a Jeep I only had seen pictures of. Luckily I kept going and brought it home. 23,xxx miles on the odometer. It sits on 12 yr old 35 inch BF Goodrich MTs. Has a skyjacker lift with spacers and transfer case drop. All of this will change.
IMG_5370.jpeg

IMG_5371.jpeg

IMG_5372.jpeg

IMG_5374.jpeg

It had been sitting in the POs driveway and the soft top had a small leak so moments after I got it off the trailer the factory soft top was off and the carpet was out.

IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5378.jpeg

Last edited:
Next up is an audio upgrade. I found these Kicker 6 3/4 inch speakers at Best Buy but they are available anywhere. The 6 3/4 sits on top of the surface of the roll bar pod rather than on the recessed mounting flange but they will work well. I'm just waiting on wiring harnesses so I dont have to cut factory wiring. Shown with factory 5 1/4 inch speaker.

I have 5 1/4 inch speakers for the dash and a replacement subwoofer on order. Both Kicker from Crutchfield.

I already have a Sony double DIN touch screen receiver in the TJ to move over to the LJ.

IMG_5432.jpeg

Reactions: DuncLJ