Military Memes

1648283327844.png

On March 25th, 1863, the first Army Medal of Honor is presented to PVT Jacob Parrott of the 33rd Ohio Infantry. Four others are so honored this day as well.

1648285615308.png

Reactions: SoCalGlide
They should have been welcomed home back then. I have a few close friends who are Vietnam veterans and it's something we talk about.
I know...when I came back home from Vietnam, it wasn't a popular thing. We kept quiet about where we were. If you ran into someone back home that didn't know you were in the service and they said they hadn't seen you around for awhile, you would just say "oh I've been around". We were never welcomed home, we were called baby killers etc.

I know...when I came back home from Vietnam, it wasn't a popular thing. We kept quiet about where we were. If you ran into someone back home that didn't know you were in the service and they said they hadn't seen you around for awhile, you would just say "oh I've been around". We were never welcomed home, we were called baby killers etc.

Yep I was old enough to know what was happening and heard stuff. You have all my respect and appreciation for all that you did. It was a FUCKED UP way to treat people. While it didn't happen as much I knew soldiers who had it happen to them after the Iraq war had started. A guys Jeep got vandelized at one of the colleges in TX.

1648534904751.png

When I hear the sound of a chopper, it makes me feel good. It's help coming! They saved our ass big time once, up one of the rivers.

I've got my triggers but yep choppers are GOOD. I was Air Assault too so I got to jump out of them.

March 25 was declared National Medal of Honor Day to boost recognition of the heroism of our Medal of Honor recipients. The military's highest decoration was first presented on March 25, 1863. Thank you to all our Veteran and active-duty Medal of Honor recipients for serving our country.

View attachment 318107
I just returned from Pueblo, Co the hometown of four Medal of Honor recipients.

20220324_142944.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman