Military Memes

This is a no shitter-
It was our last night in port and I was maybe a little more drunk than I should have been in Naples. Still made it back to fleet landing and caught the liberty launch back to the ship.
Stumbled my way down to berthing, climbed in my rack and passed out.
Came to mid-morning to the ship rocking and heaving and panicked for a minute knowing I had missed quarters and my sea and anchor detail. Hopped out of my rack to get dressed and face the music.
Couldn't find my uniform, couldn't get my locker open, didn't recognize any of the compartment cleaners and the berthing wasn't quite right.
Finally realized I must have crashed in the wrong berthing so I climbed the ladder to go to my berthing.
That's when the real panick set in because when I popped up out if berthing it was pretty clear that I was on the wrong fucking SHIP!
Underway, in the Med.
Fuck me in the ass with a nonskid dildo! That was embarrassing as hell!
Had to find the command Masterchief of the wrong ship and get transferred by small boat back to my own ship.
Surprisingly, I didn't get in any serious trouble because everyone was laughing at me so much.

That is almost as bad as a pilot landing on the wrong carrier.

Reactions: willrek
This is a no shitter-
It was our last night in port and I was maybe a little more drunk than I should have been in Naples. Still made it back to fleet landing and caught the liberty launch back to the ship.
Stumbled my way down to berthing, climbed in my rack and passed out.
Came to mid-morning to the ship rocking and heaving and panicked for a minute knowing I had missed quarters and my sea and anchor detail. Hopped out of my rack to get dressed and face the music.
Couldn't find my uniform, couldn't get my locker open, didn't recognize any of the compartment cleaners and the berthing wasn't quite right.
Finally realized I must have crashed in the wrong berthing so I climbed the ladder to go to my berthing.
That's when the real panick set in because when I popped up out if berthing it was pretty clear that I was on the wrong fucking SHIP!
Underway, in the Med.
Fuck me in the ass with a nonskid dildo! That was embarrassing as hell!
Had to find the command Masterchief of the wrong ship and get transferred by small boat back to my own ship.
Surprisingly, I didn't get in any serious trouble because everyone was laughing at me so much.

No. Fucking. Way. When was this? I retired from the Navy over 10 years ago but even then I think this would be hard to get away with. I've only deployed on carriers so its a little hard to get on the wrong one. I guess you could have always made the argument that you WERE back in time.

Been to Naples many times, its a great place, to get on a train and leave.

Last edited:
No buddy system, no Cinderella liberty, not nearly as much bs.
I feel bad for the kids these days. Got one working for me got out after a straight YEAR deployed with two beer on the pier days.
Covid restrictions.
Retired in 07.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
No. Fucking. Way. When was this? I retired from the Navy over 10 years ago but even then I think this would be hard to get away with. I've only deployed on carriers so its a little hard to get on the wrong one. I guess you could have always made the argument that you WERE back in time.

Been to Naples many times, its a great place, to get on a train and leave.

In 1970 I was deployed to a new ship I was supposed to meet in Boston. I flew to Boston and went to the Navy yard, in my dress blue uniform. Ship isn't there. Coast Guard cutter is tied up to the pier. I walked up the brow, went inside, found a bunk and went to sleep. Woke up around 1800 and went looking for the mess deck. Found it, got in line, got food, sat down to eat. Finally, the ship's MAA comes over and politely asks, "Who the f are you?" I told him and he said they heard the ship will be in tomorrow. I was welcome to stay aboard. I did, met my new ship the next day and moved on.
With the right uniform and a good set, you can get away with a lot of things.

_nc_ohc=Ru4Qk8lEqCsAX8YamD3&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Yeah, but they all ETSed and got real men jobs after PT was canceled due to rain. Just sayin

I used to tell people that I had NO CLUE what I wanted to do when I grew up. They'd be like we thought you'd made the Army your career & I'd be like well OK but once I'm done playing Army I might have to actually get a job.