Military Memes

1717193431094.png

Not a meme but figured it would get the appropriate respect here.

WW2 veterans flying from Dallas to France to attend the 80th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy

The oldest veteran flying out is 107 years old.

The Greatest Generation

And Pop who came home after 51 air combat missions is smiling down on them.

Not a meme but figured it would get the appropriate respect here.

WW2 veterans flying from Dallas to France to attend the 80th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy

The oldest veteran flying out is 107 years old.

The Greatest Generation

And Pop who came home after 51 air combat missions is smiling down on them.

Oldest is 107 - but what's the youngest? My late father (Pacific Theatre Navy) would be 100 this year, but he passed through the veil in 2011.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
Oldest is 107 - but what's the youngest? My late father (Pacific Theatre Navy) would be 100 this year, but he passed through the veil in 2011.

Pop died at 97, 3 years ago

Looks like late 90s for those still living.

It’s unclear what the average age of a WWIIveteran is. Given that the median age for an American WWII veteran in June 2020 was 93, according to US Census figures at the time, most surviving vets from Allied forces are likely to now be at least in their late-nineties. By the 85th anniversary in 2029, those who are still living will almost certainly be in triple digits

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/02/europe/d-day-80th-anniversary-commemoration-preview-intl/index.html

Never worn that, but wore an old flak jacket quite a bit. Not sure if the extra ventilation would make this better or not.

I can see a whole lotta friction points causing chaffing with this bitch...

I've worn both the Vietnam style flack vest and then the earlier Iraq era ones and they were terrible. This looks worse as you said with the chaffing areas.
The only good thing is that it adds protection and survivability is better.