Military Memes

So, is this day in place of or in ADDITION to regular veteran's day? I need an answer quick cause my smokin hot wife is a veteran and I don't want to screw this up!

Google is your friend....

Women Veterans Day is observed on June 12 in the United States, a date chosen to mark the anniversary of the Women's Armed Services Integration Act. The date is not recognized nationally, but is recognized by a number of states, either through legislation or proclamation, and organizations. The stated goal of Women Veterans Day varies somewhat by state, but can generally be acknowledged as an effort to honor the work of women in the United States Armed Forces and recognize the unique challenges that they have faced.[1] The date was first recognized when the New York State Assembly declared June 12, 2008, to be Women Veterans’ Recognition Day.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women...egislation or proclamation, and organizations.

Women Veterans Day is observed on June 12 in the United States, a date chosen to mark the anniversary of the Women's Armed Services Integration Act. The date is not recognized nationally, but is recognized by a number of states, either through legislation or proclamation, and organizations. The stated goal of Women Veterans Day varies somewhat by state, but can generally be acknowledged as an effort to honor the work of women in the United States Armed Forces and recognize the unique challenges that they have faced.[1] The date was first recognized when the New York State Assembly declared June 12, 2008, to be Women Veterans’ Recognition Day.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_Veterans_Day#:~:text=Women Veterans Day is observed,legislation or proclamation, and organizations.

I'm just messin with you. She said, "Quit being a pussy and get back to work, dirtbag!"

This is a picture I actually took just outside Camp Kinser in Okinawa 😅

IMG_20140911_224550.jpg

They gave me 3 cotton & 3 polyester OD Green uniforms when I joined. The cotton ones looked sharp when starched and you first wore them. The poly ones never looked good IMO.

We got camo uniforms in 1981 but could only wear them in garrison as we were told they weren't allowed in the field.... More Army logic right there....
You weren't allowed to starch your Woodland uniforms when they first came out either. Took about 2 years before they started allowing us to starch them.

I don’t know how it was with y’all’s OD greens, but we were allowed to blouse our pants or not blouse, tuck in our shirt or not and what I like best was we could cut sleeves off and get them hemmed for short sleeves. I think ours were poly, but not positive.

Reactions: AFF
I don’t know how it was with y’all’s OD greens, but we were allowed to blouse our pants or not blouse, tuck in our shirt or not and what I like best was we could cut sleeves off and get them hemmed for short sleeves. I think ours were poly, but not positive.

Had to be bloused and you had to tuck in the shirts. And we could roll up our sleeves SOMETIMES but only when given permission & everyone had to or no one could.

We also had the Khaki uniforms back then.. I looked DAMN good in them. The cotton versions looked great starched.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Sent off to one of my AF buds.

Lmao, my dad (89) was Air Force...actually, he was Army, then Navy, then Air Force.
Brother in law is Air Force.
Son In Law Army.
Neighbor and work mate Coasties.
And a couple Space Force trannies from the local Air Force boys.
I get to eff with everybody...as it should be for a Navy Chief.

Lmao, my dad (89) was Air Force...actually, he was Army, then Navy, then Air Force.
Brother in law is Air Force.
Son In Law Army.
Neighbor and work mate Coasties.
And a couple Space Force trannies from the local Air Force boys.
I get to eff with everybody...as it should be for a Navy Chief.

Ain't nobody gonna mess with da Chief!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_Veterans_Day#:~:text=Women Veterans Day is observed,legislation or proclamation, and organizations.

I was at Audie L Murphy Medical Center in SA this morning. There was a tent and bunch of people milling around a big sign re Women Vet's. Rode out to the parking lot with a senior female who was a retired Navy Captain. I'm guessing mid to late 80's. Sharp as a tack!

Ain't nobody gonna mess with da Chief!

Stop me if you heard this one-
A Navy Chief is walking down the P-way in the pentagon and passes a freshly minted Army General.
The General waits for a salute, but the Chief just keeps walking.
The General is steamed and yells, "Sergeant!!!"
Chief keeps walking.
The General is pissed and starts off after the Chief yelling, "Sergeant! You didn't render a salute! Sergeant!! SERGEANT!!!"
By now the General is in front of the Chief and red faced. He sputters, "Sergeant, if your going to work here you need to learn to render proper honors and respond when a superior officer addresses you."
The Chief is pretty irritated but responds calmly, "General, I'm not a Sergeant, I'm a Navy Chief. If your going work here, you're going to need to know the difference."
The General can't believe this asshole and yells at the Chief, "Well if you were in the Army you'd be a Sergeant!!!"
The Chief gets up in the Generals face so he can smell the whiskey and coffee and says,
"No sir. If I was in the Army, I'd be a fuckin General."

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba