Milk is going to kill you

Refined sugar is the next big cause of cancer. Why do the ones who eat the healthiest look sick and weak? I eat normal to light portions of very basic non processed foods along with staying physically fit. There isn't a need for trendy diets.

Dude? Eggs, cheese AND bread?
I'm calling the CDC.
If you just bumped into a person who is lactose intolerant, gluten allergic with high cholesterol they would explode. :)
I find this to be hilarious haha...honestly. My GF I love her dearly; can’t drink milk, but will gladly consume the $7 pint of Hagen daz that I bring home for her on occasion. It’s almost like the gluten free diet craze. It’s just getting out of control. It needs to stop!! Lol

Reactions: Umbra
I'm old (51) and many people appear to be physically or mentally fragile to me these days.

I never even heard of peanut allergies until the early 90s, now it seems half the people I meet claim they'll die a hideous death if they eat/drink/breathe fill-in-the blank.

I had neighbors who couldn't cut grass or take care of their yard because of their "allergies". They also couldn't pay the neighborhood kid after they hired him to do it. Maybe they were allergic to money?

upload_2018-3-31_2-41-23.jpeg

We drink raw milk and eat non processed, non gmo foods, mostly. We don’t take prescription drugs, focus on prevention. It costs, but you can pay now or pay later.

Reactions: BendLarry
So, a few years ago, the wife and I watched a couple of shows..."documentaries", of sorts...pertaining to the benefits of a totally plant-based diet. It intrigued us enough to do some research, and we decided "What the hell? Let's give it a try." And we did. We went totally Vegan, just like that. Gave up eating meat, cold turkey. (Sorry...I just couldn't resist). Seriously, if it wasn't 100% plant-based, we didn't eat it. At the very same time, I started watching my sodium intake, as I have high blood pressure. Long story, short, is I lost 35 lbs. in three months. All my numbers improved dramatically (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.). My doctor was floored by the change, and I never felt better. I found a number of different things to eat for the necessary protein, calcium, etc., that were all plant based. I was never hungry, either. It was flippin' amazing! People would ask why the hell I'd go Vegan, and the first thing I'd explain is that I'm no flippin' tree hugger, and it's not about "animal rights" ('cause we all know the right animal is delicious!). It was an experiment to try a healthier approach. Did I miss dairy and meat? Hell yes, I did! Bread, cheese, milk and chicken are my favorites. I ate chicken 4-7 days a week for over two and a half years, straight. Fried, baked, boiled...I. Love. Chicken. LOL But the Vegan diet had me feeling so much better. So what happened? My sister and her husband live to hunt and fish. And they are absolutely amazing at it. They invited us up for a 4th of July BBQ, with fresh venison, salmon, and crab, as well as some homemade sausage. After nine months of being Vegan (my wife caved after about five months), I ate my first piece of meat. It was all over for me, then. I tried repeatedly to brush it off and get back on course, but my sister sent me home with some fresh deer liver, and I was a goner. Most I can last going Vegan now is a week, or so, and then I blow it. I would love to go back to eating like that, but just can't seem to do it again.

So, there's my story. A red blooded, gun-totin', conservative votin', God fearing, hairy-ass grease monkey who would actually prefer to return to my lawn-munching ways. Just don't sound right, does it? o_O

Last edited:
Just heard yesterday that in California they are going to start putting cancer warning labels on cups of coffee that are made from roasted coffee beans. How did we ever let such a beautiful state get taken over by wingnuts?

Reactions: JMT
Just heard yesterday that in California they are going to start putting cancer warning labels on cups of coffee that are made from roasted coffee beans. How did we ever let such a beautiful state get taken over by wingnuts?
And those people in N Cal, got to feel for them. A different breed.

I've never liked milk by itself. Kind of gross to me, but that's just me. OTOH, I'll eat damn near any kind of funky milk-based cheese that you put in front of me :eek:
Cheeeeese...now that's good eatin'!!! I hadn't tried blue cheese until I was in my mid-forties. Now, it's my fave! I love strong tastes, and blue cheese has it in spades. :)

Reactions: jeep_boss
My 9th grade daughter came home the other day and informed me that she "learned in health class today that milk is very bad for you". She said it with a gleam in her eye because a short while ago I was telling her she should drink milk more often.

So I checked:

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/720933050.png

Sure enough, the "experts" have decided that although humans have been drinking milk for eons (cow, goat, horse etc) that it leads to a host of horrid diseases including numerous cancers, diabetes and colic. It will also stop your heart and destroy your liver.
This guy recommends alternatives like almond, oat and YES, HEMP milk.

Oh, and ALL of you are lactose intolerant to some degree, you just don't know it.

My grand dad guzzled that stuff all day long. Must be what killed him at 94.

Geez.
Her teacher is probably a member of PETA and try to pass her/his beliefs onto their students.

Reactions: jeep_boss
Her teacher is probably a member of PETA and try to pass her/his beliefs onto their students.
You can imagine how many propaganda campaigns are launched against the kids in Seattle public schools. We moved a couple of years ago - by the end of the last school year, they turned my daughter (age 9 at the time) into a Hillary praising Trump hater!!!

I had no idea what was going on, and she now goes to a different school.

You can imagine how many propaganda campaigns are launched against the kids in Seattle public schools. We moved a couple of years ago - by the end of the last school year, they turned my daughter (age 9 at the time) into a Hillary praising Trump hater!!!

I had no idea what was going on, and she now goes to a different school.
When my son was in the 8th grade, he was the only conservative kid in all but one of his classes. One of his teachers said that in all his years of teaching, he had never met a kid as conservative as he was. The boy made his ol' man proud, I'll tell you what...