Milwaukee cordless ratchet

I use a kobalt 1/4" air ratchet for those bolts and it fits easily. I'd have no doubt the Milwaukee 1/4" M12 would fit, not sure about the 3/8".

Reactions: red02tj
Last edited:
I have a similar one the M12 Fuel 3/8. They are awesome. It works great on the shroud and radiator bolts. Pretty much anything under 3/8" thread bolt. Over that not much torque and it gets a little funny feeling when you force the bolts loose.

Thx and I’m assuming 1 4ah battery is better than 2 1.5s?

I prefer the high output batteries. Bigger is better, if you have space.

milwaukee-power-tool-batteries-48-11-2425s-64_600.jpg

It’s a starter kit so either 2 x1.5 with no charger or 1x4ah + charger. I assumed bigger was better since I don’t have any other Milwaukee tools.

You need both. The extended case on the larger AH rated versions very often gets in the way under the hood. Also be acutely aware that the battery is NOT an extended handle. If you pull on it enough times, then one or both of two things can and will happen. You'll either ruin the detents in the ratchet case that hold the battery in or you'll ruin the locking tabs on the battery that snaps into the detents. Almost nothing is more annoying that getting something all lined up in a difficult spot and then having to stop and pop the battery back in.

If your defense of that silliness is that we all know cheaters are longer handles and designed to be pulled on, then go away now and stop talking to me since that is the answer I got from more than one idiot I cautioned.

You need both. The extended case on the larger AH rated versions very often gets in the way under the hood. Also be acutely aware that the battery is NOT an extended handle. If you pull on it enough times, then one or both of two things can and will happen. You'll either ruin the detents in the ratchet case that hold the battery in or you'll ruin the locking tabs on the battery that snaps into the detents. Almost nothing is more annoying that getting something all lined up in a difficult spot and then having to stop and pop the battery back in.

If your defense of that silliness is that we all know cheaters are longer handles and designed to be pulled on, then go away now and stop talking to me since that is the answer I got from more than one idiot I cautioned.

The goal was to not do something stupid. I was looking for either validation or correction that I picked the right tool for the job (used as intended)

didn't know them burning up was a thing. I have three and have one listed on marketplace but maybe I should hold on to it?

I've had two M18/M12 chargers go dead. I'm not saying it's a thing but thats what happened to me. I have more M12 than m18 tools so I have had to replace both of the chargers that went dead. I guess I just have not found a good deal on a M18 bundle for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: freedom_in_4low