Utah Moab 2024 JuneFest 9th-15th

Clearance, armor and gearing. My avatar pic is my Jeep last year in Moab. No armor (except mini skids and diff covers) and on 33s. It did well enough in that configuration but I thought Pritchett might be too much. Now it has rocker armor, beadlocked 35s, a higher tuck, engine skid, steering box skid and a 5.0:1 Atlas. Corner armor and rear frame and tank tuck (butt crack delete) are pending.

Nice :) Thanks for sharing.

I have trans/engine/steering skids and 35s. Gearing will be fine.

Not having corner armor is a bit concerning for stuff like this. My biggest concern for those trails is the shorter wheelbase. Sounds like I might be good if I run a winch line on the sketchy parts. I've never run a line so that would be a new thing for me.

I won't say much more about it, I'm just trying to learn what I can before the real learning begins.

Not having corner armor is a bit concerning for stuff like this. My biggest concern for those trails is the shorter wheelbase. Sounds like I might be good if I run a winch line on the sketchy parts. I've never run a line so that would be a new thing for me.

I won't say much more about it, I'm just trying to learn what I can before the real learning begins.

In my uneducated opinion, your build looks up to snuff. If I am remembering the smittybuilt bumper correctly, No corner armor should be OK. I have a minimalist rear bumper which gives no protection to the bottoms of the corners. You can do it!

In my uneducated opinion, your build looks up to snuff. If I am remembering the smittybuilt bumper correctly, No corner armor should be OK. I have a minimalist rear bumper which gives no protection to the bottoms of the corners. You can do it!

The Smittybilt bumper has held up well to multiple rock landings. But as you know, it doesn't cover the corners...which doesn't matter until it matters. I appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Woodrow

I'm still not running corner armor on my unlimited and with the little Barnes rear bumper the last couple years in Moab and I've been OK.

You can always go back the way you come in…

😬

I'd like to run it back out sometime but I've run it 3 times now and didn't know it well enough on the first trip to think about it.

The second, you were dragging a YJ

The third went really well and we thought we successfully completed the trail with no issues until after pics at the top of yellow hill we realized one of the rigs spun his diff and axle tubes and had minimal functional rear suspension. And on that trip we had some tire issues that ate some of our time.

Reactions: Wildman
Good to know. The Rubicon was worse. That’s where I drug a corner last year.

I made it through the Rubicon without messing up a corner but I do have a tub side that is rippled from running a boulder over the tire when there armor may have helped that.

If I knew I wasn't stretching I'd probably have already added some.

I hate the departure on the TJU's.

Yeah. Thats an issue. If I ever really decide I want that wheelbase, I would love to go the TJ6 route. Even with my TJ and my 1” higher than stock GR tank, that’s what I drag the most.

Edit: so I guess a stretched TJ6?

Reactions: Apparition

There were only two spots where I needed to pull rope but I'm told the trail has changed a lot since I was there last.
I almost flipped over backwards on this spot and others following decided to pull rope after watching me.

Moab Pritchett 04-2007 188.jpg

We drug a TJ on 31's thru the trail in 2007

Moab Pritchett 04-2007 220.jpg

In 2008 I came back on 38's and enjoyed it more. We had a YJ on 32's with us this time.

IMG_0785.JPG

IMGP2153.JPG

I'd been playing with the air pressure in my air bags the night before and had my suspension all JACKED up for the first half of the trail.

IMGP2145.JPG

Yeah. Thats an issue. If I ever really decide I want that wheelbase, I would love to go the TJ6 route. Even with my TJ and my 1” higher than stock GR tank, that’s what I drag the most.

Edit: so I guess a stretched TJ6?

You can go for that magic 100" WB and not have to mess with stretching your tub.

I'd like to run it back out sometime but I've run it 3 times now and didn't know it well enough on the first trip to think about it.

The second, you were dragging a YJ

The third went really well and we thought we successfully completed the trail with no issues until after pics at the top of yellow hill we realized one of the rigs spun his diff and axle tubes and had minimal functional rear suspension. And on that trip we had some tire issues that ate some of our time.

We you with Victor and I the year his buddy busted his JK on Chewy? Seems I’m always draggin’ rigs off of that trail…

🙂

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket and Wildman
We you with Victor and I the year his buddy busted his JK on Chewy? Seems I’m always draggin’ rigs off of that trail…

🙂

You've defiantly had your fun on that trail. You seem to be the wrecker service for it...

Hopefully you won't have to this year.

🙂

Yep I was there but didn't include the JK part in what I was saying because since none of us that completed the trail that day had ever done it before, we didn't realize the boondoggle of a trip back to the road. By far the worst part of Pritchett comes after Pritchett is completed.

The drive out was better the year you drug Chris out because Taylormade and I stayed back for a half hour to help the motorcycles and then proceeded to haul ass on the way out when they didn't need us.

There were only two spots where I needed to pull rope but I'm told the trail has changed a lot since I was there last.
I almost flipped over backwards on this spot and others following decided to pull rope after watching me.

View attachment 517939

Axle hill, the bottom part shown. Isn't the hard part.

That's more of a buggy line on yellow hill than the other side which isn't that hard.

Looks like rocker knocker, did you make it up that way?

View attachment 517939

We drug a TJ on 31's thru the trail in 2007

View attachment 517940

In 2008 I came back on 38's and enjoyed it more. We had a YJ on 32's with us this time.

View attachment 517941

View attachment 517942

I'd been playing with the air pressure in my air bags the night before and had my suspension all JACKED up for the first half of the trail.

View attachment 517943

You can go for that magic 100" WB and not have to mess with stretching your tub.

Are you bringing your rig with the air-ride and Magnum in June? I figured as much but forget that some ppl have multiple rigs.

Axle hill, the bottom part shown. Isn't the hard part.

Nope isn't the hardest part.

That's more of a buggy line on yellow hill than the other side which isn't that hard.

I couldn't tell you. It was the way we all went.

Looks like rocker knocker, did you make it up that way?

Nope walked it over to the Rocker Knocker part.. The way I was taught to do that section was to start around the middle and then slowly creep it over once you got in the right spot.

Are you bringing your rig with the air-ride and Magnum in June? I figured as much but forget that some ppl have multiple rigs.

I've only got one rig. As long as I can get all the issues worked out on it I'll be bring it. Thought I'd have it running already so I've got to get busy.