Utah Moab June Fest 2023 Week of June 11th

I’d love to run it again sometime but gotta be home Sunday morning. Camping there is a great idea.

We drove down there from Moab and did the trail in and out in time to make it for a refuel near the entrance before 6pm but I was hauling ass to get it done.

I remembered it as 3 hours to that gas station from Moab. And I had the trail at 39 miles one way.

Make sure you have gaia or OnX loaded.

It’s a really neat trail.

We could do it during the week if there was interest. If no one wants to go during the week, I will do it that weekend. I would just prefer to have someone else with.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition and RINC
We will be arriving Sunday night and most likely wheeling with you all four of the days. A buddy of mine is also bringing out his stock tacoma, but his plan is just to mt bike the whole week while we are wheeling and I will most likely take Friday to mt bike with him all day (actual day will depend on the wheeling schedule). I will also try to mt bike with him a few of the afternoons depending on the heat. I think I have him talked in to taking his Tacoma on Top of the World (I will babysit and spot him) but if anyone would have an extra seat for him and his girlfriend possibly we can talk them into joining us a few other days (minus the tacoma).

Woodrow, bring your mt bike. We will most likely hit SlickRock and the Brand trails in the afternoon after wheeling, and the day we go mt biking we will probably go to Navajo Rocks which is a fun 17 mile loop.
We should get a list of trails together that everyone wants to run.

Pritchett is the one I personally want to do.

I think the kids would like Fins and Hells. There’s still a couple things on Hells I’d like to do too.
Yeah. Hells and Fins in the morning and then mt bike slickrock in the afternoon would be a good day. Pritchett is a good day, I would like to hit rusty nail with golden spike and rail, and top of the world. I am game for others as well
Speaking of Cliffhanger in the other thread.

Watching the Jeep at the beginning of the trail on this video is comical. Just ram the rock wall over and over.

I'd like to get access to Coyote Canyon, if possible. May also head out to camp a night or two on easier trails like white rim or elephant hill, because that's good and remote.
I haven't done behind the rocks yet, I'd be up for that, but been to the others. I'd like to try widow maker again with the midarm (upcoming install), tuned shocks, and the auto. I think those will change things a good bit.

Oh, I also really want to hit rusty nail and kane creek.
Is anyone interested in doing Hole in the Rock trail? I am thinking about doing it on Saturday 6/17. I know most people are probably heading home that day, but I am going to hang around a few more days. This is the only Badge of Honor trail in Utah that I haven't done, so I want to do it this time.

The trail head is about 2 1/2 hours from Moab, west of Blanding. The trail is about 34 miles long, and looks like it takes 10-12 hours to complete. I plan to go the night before, and camp near the trail head to get an early start in the morning.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and we can work out the details. I am flexible on the day too if needed.

Fins/hells - Maybe early in the week for the kids? Always a fun time although not that difficult.
+ WIDOWMAKER @rasband I wanna see this!
Top of the World - I'd like to do this during the day, too
Pritchett - I'm not gonna try this, be cool to watch though.
Rusty nail trifecta - I doubt I'd do rusty nail, but the rest of the trifecta I'm into. Might be able to split groups at rusty nail or s/t
Cliffhanger -
This looks fucking scary I am so afraid of heights.
Coyote Canyon - idk what you are
White Rim - nice views, dirt road
Elephant Hill - I'd like to this and so does my buddy.
Hole in the Rock - far, but seems cool. Iffy for me

• Love
Reactions: Apparition and RINC
Fins/hells - Maybe early in the week for the kids? Always a fun time although not that difficult.
+ WIDOWMAKER @rasband I wanna see this!
Top of the World - I'd like to do this during the day, too
Pritchett - I'm not gonna try this, be cool to watch though.
Rusty nail trifecta - I doubt I'd do rusty nail, but the rest of the trifecta I'm into. Might be able to split groups at rusty nail or s/t
Cliffhanger - This looks fucking scary I am so afraid of heights.
Coyote Canyon - idk what you are
White Rim - nice views, dirt road
Elephant Hill - I'd like to this and so does my buddy.
Hole in the Rock - far, but seems cool. Iffy for me

You could do rusty nail with some risk

Elephant hill was awesome, get your permits and make it an overnight. The trail isn't very hard, but it's a great time.

You could do rusty nail with some risk
How much risk lol. The trails book pretty much says buggys only as far as I remember.

You know I love pushing the limits, but next year I should have an auto and maybe 35s...
Elephant hill was awesome, get your permits and make it an overnight. The trail isn't very hard, but it's a great time.

Did you still want to try to do it too? Yeah it sounds like a great experience even if it's not too hard. Now that I've been there a few times it's nice to have a few easier days.

Reactions: RINC
We could do it during the week if there was interest. If no one wants to go during the week, I will do it that weekend. I would just prefer to have someone else with.

I’d rather stay near Moab for the week. Someday when I have two Jeeps and two drivers I’ll go back.

It’s definitely a trail that you shouldn’t do solo. We didn’t see any other Jeeps or people that whole day on the trail.

I think Rudy from Rudy’s adventure and design drove into a hole he didn’t see and needed winched out. I remember what you did on Moab Rim so find someone to go.

Last edited:
How much risk lol. The trails book pretty much says buggys only as far as I remember.

You know I love pushing the limits, but next year I should have an auto and maybe 35s...

Did you still want to try to do it too? Yeah it sounds like a great experience even if it's not too hard. Now that I've been there a few times it's nice to have a few easier days.

IMO all trails are far overstated as to what is required, so far I've been underwhelmed. Though I've never done rusty nail, but it's top few on the list.

I'll ask my wife on elephant hill, I'd love to do it again and camp and have fun - but it eats up 2 days of trip time that works into time for trails I've not done before or want to do again.

Reactions: RINC and lBasket
IMO all trails are far overstated as to what is required, so far I've been underwhelmed. Though I've never done rusty nail, but it's top few on the list.
Yep. A lot of it is probably "this is what you need if you've never driven offroad before" minimum requirements
I'll ask my wife on elephant hill, I'd love to do it again and camp and have fun - but it eats up 2 days of trip time that works into time for trails I've not done before or want to do again.
Sweet, let me know!

Yeah, I'll also need a day to sit at a coffee shop at least one of the days to keep up on homework anyways, so it works out

Reactions: RINC
Interesting timing as I just mentioned this

Why's it look like this guy's on a set of Hoosiers

Screenshot_20230508-210537.png