Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

I am here:

View attachment 90747

We rolled in about 6, and we set up camp. We ran up to Atomic from some grub, and are hanging out watching "The Great Outdoors" We'll catch up to you tomorrow for sure!

I love the tux tire cover! I’m a fellow Linux guy, I assume the graphic is lost on most :) have a great trip!

Reactions: ac_
Also this picture is sorta nice

4E112EB0-E14D-4448-A427-D0E3A2054995.jpeg

I love the tux tire cover! I’m a fellow Linux guy, I assume the graphic is lost on most :) have a great trip!
Yeah, I support thousands of linux boxes all over the world that stream video. I have been a Linux admin since the year 2k. The wifee had that custom made for me for Christmas. It actually has been holding up nicely. Sounds like we have some stuff in common!

Reactions: rasband
Yeah, I support thousands of linux boxes all over the world that stream video. I have been a Linux admin since the year 2k. The wifee had that custom made for me for Christmas. It actually has been holding up nicely. Sounds like we have some stuff in common!

I am disappointed I couldn't make it, hopefully the next trip nearby. I am considering planning one touring the San Juan's in CO (Lake City -> Ouray -> Telluride at least). But I will propose that formally elsewhere :D

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
That thing you are missing is a cap for your air conditioner. That is not your problem, but you probably know that by now. Also I have my AlDL and android if we need to keep checking codes, but it sounds like you might too. I also have a mulitmeter and we have access to manuals through this forum if necessary. We'll get it figured out if you haven't already.
Yep I have my WiFi code reader I was able to close out the code on. Fine the rest of the day, my guess was it was grumpy from being too hot going over the sierras, the oem LJ sound dampening mat mixed with high rpms wasn’t doing me any favors. I just have been going slow up inclines for the rest of the day lol

Reactions: ac_
Yep I have my WiFi code reader I was able to close out the code on. Fine the rest of the day, my guess was it was grumpy from being too hot going over the sierras, the oem LJ sound dampening mat mixed with high rpms wasn’t doing me any favors. I just have been going slow up inclines for the rest of the day lol
Not sure exactly where you are, but you look close if those are the La Sal’s. Glad to hear the rest of the day was less eventful

Not sure exactly where you are, but you look close if those are the La Sal’s. Glad to hear the rest of the day was less eventful

Met up with @lowranger, planning on caravanning with him tomorrow as being broken down on the middle of no where Nevada wasn’t the most fun.

Haha nobody warned me about the time change. I thought it took us forever to set up camp, but we jumped ahead an hour when we came into Utah. Half my clocks are wrong. My phones are right but my computers are wrong lol. My wall clock wrong. Need to adjust. Holy shit it's late!

For anyone who wants to know. I had a chance at Poison Spyder but passed so my boys could get some more MTB in before we focus on wheelin. Went to Klondike Bluffs (north) and starting at Copper’s Ridge rode EKG and Dino Flow, 13.2 miles. We’re pretty beat up. Hung out at the pool and hot tub the rest of tHe day. Car show let out at 4pm and so the main drag was filled with an array of blast from the past autos mixed with Jeeps, razors and your everyday’s. It was a show like no other. We might MTB a short one this AM and look at running Fins or Long Canyon and looking at Gemini Bridges.

I’m going to MTB in the AM and then going to do Long Canyon and take a look at Gemini bridges. You’re welcome if you want. I’ve got to find a place for my trailer in the AM too. IIRC we’re meeting up around 4pm at the Moab brewery.
[/QU
Same two trails we are going to be running tomorrow (Gemini Bridges and Long Canyon) on the way to and back from Dead Horse Point.

For anyone who wants to know. I had a chance at Poison Spyder but passed so my boys could get some more MTB in before we focus on wheelin. Went to Klondike Bluffs (north) and starting at Copper’s Ridge rode EKG and Dino Flow, 13.2 miles. We’re pretty beat up. Hung out at the pool and hot tub the rest of tHe day. Car show let out at 4pm and so the main drag was filled with an array of blast from the past autos mixed with Jeeps, razors and your everyday’s. It was a show like no other. We might MTB a short one this AM and look at running Fins or Long Canyon and looking at Gemini Bridges.
We plan on running the same two trails tomorrow (Gemini Bridges and Long Canyon) on the way to and back from Dead Horse Point.

Then I reckon I’ll pass on that and try to make it to Fins with @Alex01. I’m pretty tired already but won’t have a home after 11am till @tomtaylz arrives!

Anyone pull into the KOA yet? I see a handful of nice looking TJs.

Doesn’t look like it, today’s going to be it for trail riding. We’re going to have to pack it up Monday am to get back SLC unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: JMT