Monstaliner Alternative

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was planning on getting Monstaliner because I really like the smooth texture and what looks like a more slippery surface making for easier cleaning. But they have been out of stock for months now with no definitive answer when it will be available again. Does anyone have a reccomendation as a Monstaliner substitute that has the same smoother and slick texture? I just want black to cover the interior of the tub.

Reactions: J.Pierce
Whatever you buy make sure it's a roll-on product. I bought a dozen aerosol cans of bedliner and most clogged up so quickly I ended up buying another half-dozen to finish the job which came out ok but not great.

Reactions: williambmac
I live not too far from TP Tools and went there to pick up some Raptor Bedliner. They had a a couple sq ft of sheet metal showing three different outcomes of their Cannonball bedliner. I don't quite remember but I think the higher the PSI when spraying, the smoother the finish came out.

3-1/2 yrs later it's still doing great except where I didn't sand too well on the lower edge of my grille and where one of my fender flares got somewhat crunched by a tree then sprung back.

The only problem I had when applying was that those bottles needed shaken to loosen everything up BEFORE mixing with the activator. After the trouble with the first bottle I flipped the other 5 bottles upside down and took them for a ride on the tractor for an hour or so while cutting the grass. Problem solved and probably would help any brand.

Whatever you buy make sure it's a roll-on product. I bought a dozen aerosol cans of bedliner and most clogged up so quickly I ended up buying another half-dozen to finish the job which came out ok but not great.
I went through the same thing with numerous cans from HD. They would spray momentarily then clog up.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford