Montana TJ Unlimited parts magnet

• Thread starter Cross-Threaded-06TJ
  • Start date
Ordered some Replacement Catalytic converters to resolve an issue I'm having. Front cat hollowed itself out, just like my last TJ. I went with Flowmaster units. Not high flow, just regular. I also tossed the Banks monster cat back super wazoo muffler kit in there. I installed that muffler kit years ago on my sisters old TJ with the 4.0. I remember it sounded good, but not too loud and no highway drone.

I still need to install my currie steering.

Parts recently ordered that will be going on.

Currie Correctlync
Warn diff Guards front and rear
JKS rear Track bar
TMR Trail roll bar kit
Cats
Cat back kit
CB radio and rear antenna mount
Rock hard 4x4 Silders
Currie AntiRock sway bar kit with steel ends

I'm loving this Jeep. Will post pics of course later.

Working on the Jeep today. New battery, New cats and cat back. Currie steering. Will take pics and add.
20200516_075446.jpg
20200516_080538.jpg
20200516_083734.jpg

Still waiting on my sliders and antirock sway bar. And need to install the old TMR roll bar CB mount.

Today I Replaced all the exhaust components. Its all new from the manifold back. Its loud, but oh well. Party on i guess, its low tone but loud. Tossed the currie linkage in there also. And JKS rear track bar.

Pic dump for those that like colors and Jeeps on hoists.
20200516_091911.jpg
20200516_093434.jpg
20200516_093441.jpg
20200516_093647.jpg
20200516_110537.jpg
20200516_110545.jpg
20200516_110550.jpg
20200516_110951.jpg
20200516_120629.jpg
20200516_135545.jpg

Nice rig. What made you decide to go with a Rusty's front track bar?

I tossed it in my order from quadratec at one point while ordering my lift kit. They were out of the JKS front track bars and I did not want to drill out the hole to relocate. So I rolled the dice on the old rustys unit, as it was in stock naturally. Its definitely strong. Yes, I'm aware of rustys customer service and price reputation. But this track bar is fine.

If it shatters in half I will update!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wildman
I tossed it in my order from quadratec at one point while ordering my lift kit. They were out of the JKS front track bars and I did not want to drill out the hole to relocate. So I rolled the dice on the old rustys unit, as it was in stock naturally. Its definitely strong. Yes, I'm aware of rustys customer service and price reputation. But this track bar is fine.

If it shatters in half I will update!

Good deal. I had one on my old XJ and eventually broke the end. That made for an interesting day of wheeling. Keep and eye on it!

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Good deal. I had one on my old XJ and eventually broke the end. That made for an interesting day of wheeling. Keep and eye on it!
Son of a B. Thanks for the heads up! Would you go with JKS front also to match my rear bar?

Personally I'd go with Currie. But if budget is a concern, JKS is a good runner up.

I like TBs with a quality, rebuild-able rod end.
I'll do the currie, I can probably skate on the rusty for a bit. But if it snaps I will have no steering.

Plus my antirock is gonna be here today, so might as well have the front track bar match my sway bar and control arms.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Nice ride, I wish my LJ was this clean and I had the extra funds to build it up...Tim

Thanks man! I have spent a small fortune of money and time so far. I really love these Jeeps. I can't wait to get out in this thing. I put building it up before using it this time.

I have wheeled around in stock wranglers a bunch, I wanted to just sorta start with it built up a little more.

I'm sorta sad to say I have not wheeled this one yet....I will soon though. I'll throw pics up in here when I do.

Thanks man! I have spent a small fortune of money and time so far. I really love these Jeeps. I can't wait to get out in this thing. I put building it up before using it this time.

I have wheeled around in stock wranglers a bunch, I wanted to just sorta start with it built up a little more.

I'm sorta sad to say I have not wheeled this one yet....I will soon though. I'll throw pics up in here when I do.
We need to meet up in Mackay...once I get mine driveable...