Mopar engine mounts

3jeepfan

Supporting Member
What is the preferred 4.0 engine mount now? It seems the Mopar mounts are discontinued. I have the Brown dog rubber 1 inch raised mounts, & they are starting to sag. So I'm going to swap back OEM with Savvy aluminum mml. Is crown any good?

So I did some more searching, seems the crowns are made in PRC. Some people recommend the MORE bomb proof mounts. Maybe I'll check those out.

Reactions: GPK03X and 3jeepfan
I installed a pair of Bombproof engine mounts from https://mountainoffroad.com/collect...f-motor-mount-kit-for-1-lift-97-06-yj-tj-lj-1 and of the several engine mounts I have installed including from Currie and Brown Dog, the Bombproof mounts were by far the best and beefiest of them all. I wouldn't touch another from Brown Dog whose rubber bushings are not all that good of quality
@3jeepfan I corrected my link to the version that is 1" taller as I installed and what you need.

I had high hopes for the browndog w/rubber inserts, but as I've seen in other posts. They are too soft. Starting to sag. I haven't noticed any vibration though.