Mopar OEM evaporator made China

Davidtj

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
In preparation of replacing my heater core I decided to order a evaporator so later wouldn’t say “dang should of done that at same time “
FYI when received said made in China I was hoping that since I paid 300 for it would get the USA ones Chrysler used to have

FFBEFAE6-1790-472C-84D4-EDAD7EF8DEBF.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: TJRick
I'd rather have something labeled Mopar made in China than something designed or made shoddily... like something with Rusty's name on it saying it was made in the USA.

I prefer and buy American products when I have a choice but...

Rusty's.jpg

All the Mopar stuff is made in China now. Same with all the sensors I’ve ordered too.

I don’t really care, as long as the shit works I am happy if they continue making it.

Hopefully the quality hasn’t gone to shit.

This is Mopars way of fucking us. They know there is still a demand so they move production to China. However, they continue to charge us the usually OEM price even though they are saving copious amounts of money.

Mopar is a global company. They have moved manufacturing of older legacy products to other countries. Not ALL new mopar parts are made in china. I just got a Crank sensor that was made in august 2020 from Mexico.

They are still going to have higher standards than a parts store.

Reactions: Chris
Mopar is a global company. They have moved manufacturing of older legacy products to other countries. Not ALL new mopar parts are made in china. I just got a Crank sensor that was made in august 2020 from Mexico.

They are still going to have higher standards than a parts store.

Interesting, I got a crank sensor that was made in 2020 and it’s from China. Guess they are just making them all over.

Like I said, as long as it works.

All the Mopar stuff is made in China now. Same with all the sensors I’ve ordered too.

I don’t really care, as long as the shit works I am happy if they continue making it.

Hopefully the quality hasn’t gone to shit.

This is Mopars way of fucking us. They know there is still a demand so they move production to China. However, they continue to charge us the usually OEM price even though they are saving copious amounts of money.
No, Mopar's way of fucking you is all the parts they have allowed to cease production. If they do not sacrifice the quality on their parts made in China, they are not saving copious amounts, they may save a little but not nearly as much as you believe and it certainly isn't copious. China can make any level of quality we want. I have dealt with many companies that source Chinese goods. If you get quality, you save just about enough to pay for the ride across the ocean. The main advantage is you can still afford to have something produced since the US manufacturers have mostly gone to shit, quit, or charge way too much.

I promise you that some of the highest quality parts on your rig that you are the most happy with are not made here, promise.

NO THANK YOU.....
You have no choice I am afraid! Buy USA steel made products with steel that comes from China made from Australian or Brazilian Iron ore exported to China for processing,
Ever notice Stainless steel now rusts? bit of a oxymoron dont ya think lol How many screws have you broken the head off! how many threads have you stripped! Never used to happen, Philips heads were invented to help safely screw but now they just bear off round.

You have no choice I am afraid! Buy USA steel made products with steel that comes from China made from Australian or Brazilian Iron ore exported to China for processing,
Ever notice Stainless steel now rusts? bit of a oxymoron dont ya think lol How many screws have you broken the head off! how many threads have you stripped! Never used to happen, Philips heads were invented to help safely screw but now they just bear off round.
Ya'll kill me. There are many stainless steel alloys just like there are many iron, steel, and aluminum alloys. They each have mixtures that produce specific properties. Some are high strength, some are non magnetic, some are non rusting. Looking at one that rusts or is soft because it is a soft alloy not to be used in a stressed application and using that to proclaim that China is anything is a very false equivalency.

The question I have that remains to be seen is will the newly made Chinese Mopar parts be as reliable as the parts that came before them?

While I know for certain you can get something very high quality made in China (I have lots of Chinese made guitars that are some of the nicest ones I own), I'm just hoping that Mopar took that route and had them made to that level of quality.

I suppose we'll have to wait several years until someone with one of the Chinese made Mopar radiators can tell us how long it lasted, but we'll see (y)

China can make any level of quality we want.
That is my understanding also. Companies are looking for cheap labor and lax regulations to make thing less expensive, but can still require the same level of quality. It happens in the US as well when the auto manufacturers started moving their plants to the south for the same reasons. With that siad, I still try to buy American as much as possible but can't always do that.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford