MORE motor mount lift problem

StefTCK

Hey everyone,

Just finished installing the savvy body lift and being that I want to put in a tummy tuck and reduce vibes, I am in the process of installing a set of MORE motor mounts to compensate for the lift.

Problem I’m having is that no matter what I do in terms of loosening bolts and trying to move it around, I can’t align the motor mounts properly.

Any suggestions? I’ve tried some of the tips discussed in older posts but I’m not having any luck.

Hey everyone,

Just finished installing the savvy body lift and being that I want to put in a tummy tuck and reduce vibes, I am in the process of installing a set of MORE motor mounts to compensate for the lift.

Problem I’m having is that no matter what I do in terms of loosening bolts and trying to move it around, I can’t align the motor mounts properly.

Any suggestions? I’ve tried some of the tips discussed in older posts but I’m not having any luck.
Make sure you loosened your transmission mount. Also when I did mine I used a tip from the forum that said have your floor jack set so you can move your engine left to right

Reactions: StefTCK
Hey everyone,

Sell them and use blocks,they will only give you more vibes

While I agree with @Moglocker there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to fit those mounts. If you switch to blocks you are still going to have the same issue getting everything aligned. The engine can be difficult to move, just remind it who's in charge.

While I agree with @Moglocker there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to fit those mounts. If you switch to blocks you are still going to have the same issue getting everything aligned. The engine can be difficult to move, just remind it who's in charge.
Yes,I had to use a floor jack and a long pipe against the block to raise each side of the engine to get them aligned.just leave everything loose at first

Thanks everyone. I did get the ones with the rubber. I had my experience with polyurethane when I had my tuner car, don’t need to have a massage chair again lol

Gonna try manhandling it a bit and gonna try and get a friend to help out with the alignment.

Hopefully I get it done right before I break something out of anger lol

Thanks everyone. I did get the ones with the rubber. I had my experience with polyurethane when I had my tuner car, don’t need to have a massage chair again lol

Gonna try manhandling it a bit and gonna try and get a friend to help out with the alignment.

Hopefully I get it done right before I break something out of anger lol
Wondering if you got it done?

Getting them lined up is just one of those things you have to get a feel for the first time you do it and it's hard to express in words. My first time doing a MML I thought I was gonna be cute and use a cherry picker to lift the engine instead of a jack. I fought that mother effer for 2 hours getting stuff lined up again.

The next time I used a jack the way everybody else does and had it installed in 30 minutes, which is an even bigger difference than initially apparent because the first time was a 99 and the second was an 06 where I had to remove the bracket from the block.

Reactions: JMT
Getting them lined up is just one of those things you have to get a feel for the first time you do it and it's hard to express in words. My first time doing a MML I thought I was gonna be cute and use a cherry picker to lift the engine instead of a jack. I fought that mother effer for 2 hours getting stuff lined up again.

The next time I used a jack the way everybody else does and had it installed in 30 minutes, which is an even bigger difference than initially apparent because the first time was a 99 and the second was an 06 where I had to remove the bracket from the block.

Yes, I had to adjust the jack a bunch of times. I didn’t want to remove the block bracket so I ordered new bolts and used the SAWZALL on the drivers side bolt

Yes, I had to adjust the jack a bunch of times. I didn’t want to remove the block bracket so I ordered new bolts and used the SAWZALL on the drivers side bolt

That was my intent before I started but once I had the sawzall out and was ready to start cutting, it started looking to be more of a pain than removing the bracket. Mine has very little rust though (I've only had to cut one fastener on the entire thing), so the bracket bolts came out easy. Now I have an extra motor mount bolt in my Jeep parts tub.

That was my intent before I started but once I had the sawzall out and was ready to start cutting, it started looking to be more of a pain than removing the bracket. Mine has very little rust though (I've only had to cut one fastener on the entire thing), so the bracket bolts came out easy. Now I have an extra motor mount bolt in my Jeep parts tub.
Yep,use a jack and a long rod.one you get 1 side all started don’t tighten it until you get the other side started

519CE4CF-6BB9-478A-9900-45C557230E16.png

Has anyone tried putting a very thin rubber gasket underneath the MORE mounting bracket, to help with vibrations?
I'm talking just under 1/16" EPDM roofing rubber. Very pliable...

Has anyone tried putting a very thin rubber gasket underneath the MORE mounting bracket, to help with vibrations?
I'm talking just under 1/16" EPDM roofing rubber. Very pliable...
Use the MORE mounts with rubber bushings and you won't have to worry about vibrations. I ran them for years.

Reactions: primetime4
Haven’t finished it, some stuff came up but I am gonna go the route of cutting the drivers side bolt and replacing it with a new one.

Gonna tackle it on Thursday and hopefully get it done!

Just to clarify, everyone’s been putting a long piece of wood underneath and not just a small block?

The bracket is easy to remove from the block. Even with the bolt reversed I still remove the bracket to change the mounts. It makes it so much easier. Just use medium strength thread locker when you put it back on. I use a 2x4 about 8" long and haven't had a problem.