MORryde 10% off at etrailer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
At the Quartzite RV show MORryde gave out this code: 10MR231 for 10% off their products at etrailer.com Valid until March 31, 2023
Enter it at checkout in the "Referrel Code" on the payment screen.
I used it to order the tailgate reinforcement/hinge kit for $314. net plus sales tax. Free ship.

At the Quartzite RV show MORryde gave out this code: 10MR231 for 10% off their products at etrailer.com Valid until March 31, 2023
Enter it at checkout in the "Referrel Code" on the payment screen.
I used it to order the tailgate reinforcement/hinge kit for $314. net plus sales tax. Free ship.

Complete kit $314?

It appears that the site has dynamic pricing. I just did my order and it ended up at $340 with tax and free shipping.

went to each trailer and re-ordered the tailgate reinforcement. It was cheaper this time so so I ordered one for the amount of $346.48.

My Update. After refreshing the page the pricing got “dynamic “ alrighty.On sale $350.94 with the 10%, $341.52 Out the door I bought it. 😁 No, then comes the email from Trevor… (pardon the screenshots)

583A434D-C88A-4FAD-90DB-4A6ADBE652A2.png

CC8E70FC-3C16-43B2-9B74-DE7171048F06.png

I received the tailgate reinforcement from Morryde. It appears the holes in the tailgate reinforcement plate where the hinges go are on 4 inch centers. The holes in the hinges themselves are at 4 1/4 inches. I am in contact with Ryan at more ride to try to help resolve what appears to be an issue for me. Wish me luck I need it.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Weasellee
I'm trying to figure out if their rotopax mount (which mounts straight to the upgraded hinge) will work with my 35" tire size. Looking at drawings, it looks like the old "33 inch max" tire size is based on a version of the hinge that doesn't have the "smaller" holes in between the larger holes.

It looks like I could use the smaller holes to attach the mount to the hinge, and make it work with 35" tires.

Anyone know? @jscherb maybe?

I'm trying to figure out if their rotopax mount (which mounts straight to the upgraded hinge) will work with my 35" tire size. Looking at drawings, it looks like the old "33 inch max" tire size is based on a version of the hinge that doesn't have the "smaller" holes in between the larger holes.

It looks like I could use the smaller holes to attach the mount to the hinge, and make it work with 35" tires.

Anyone know? @jscherb maybe?

At your service...

The answer is "Yes, it depends, but...".

I just took these two photos for you. In the first one, I'm holding the MORryde Rotopax Carrier plus a 2-gallon Rotopax up to the hinges on my LJ. I didn't take my antenna mount off for the photo, but that doesn't matter for the purposes of this illustration. I have a 32" spare, and you can see how much extra space there is between the spare and the Rotopax bracket (it's hard to tell in the photo, but it's slightly more than 2" and if you do the math, that 2+" should be enough to fit a 35"). Also you can see that the Rotopax container will clear the tail light. You can also see that there's a bit more clearance to the tail light than strictly necessary.

RotopaxClearance1.jpg

I am holding the bracket in line with this hole in the hinge:

RotopaxClearance2.jpg

Here's the "but":

I'm using the factory spare carrier but many years ago I modified it to mount about 1" closer to the driver's side of the Jeep than stock, so on my Jeep, the clearance seen in the first photo above is 1" more than it would be with a 32" spare and the stock carrier. So there may not be enough room to fit a 35 and the Rotopax mount with an unmodified factory spare carrier.

And here's the "it depends": Depending on the actual size of your 35, you may have enough clearance between the spare and the Rotopax bracket to make it work, but if your 35 is on the large size you may need to modify your spare carrier to move it to the left.

You may get away with no mods, you may have to modify your spare carrier to move it a bit left, or perhaps you could get away with just drilling new holes in the Rotopax bracket to move it a bit to the right, using up some of that extra clearance to the tail light.

That's the best answer I can provide since I don't have 35's.

My spare carrier has been 1" to the left for many years, with the extra space I've mounted lots of things on the hinges with no problems, including jerry cans.

exogatejerry4_zps6qdrexpr-jpg.159707

BTW I posted a the details of the DIY jerry can carrier here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/diy-exogate-jerry-can-carrier.35074/post-574412

I received the tailgate reinforcement from Morryde. It appears the holes in the tailgate reinforcement plate where the hinges go are on 4 inch centers. The holes in the hinges themselves are at 4 1/4 inches. I am in contact with Ryan at more ride to try to help resolve what appears to be an issue for me. Wish me luck I need it.

I was wrong.

At your service...

The answer is "Yes, it depends, but...".

I just took these two photos for you. In the first one, I'm holding the MORryde Rotopax Carrier plus a 2-gallon Rotopax up to the hinges on my LJ. I didn't take my antenna mount off for the photo, but that doesn't matter for the purposes of this illustration. I have a 32" spare, and you can see how much extra space there is between the spare and the Rotopax bracket (it's hard to tell in the photo, but it's slightly more than 2" and if you do the math, that 2+" should be enough to fit a 35"). Also you can see that the Rotopax container will clear the tail light. You can also see that there's a bit more clearance to the tail light than strictly necessary.

View attachment 399541

I am holding the bracket in line with this hole in the hinge:

View attachment 399542

Here's the "but":

I'm using the factory spare carrier but many years ago I modified it to mount about 1" closer to the driver's side of the Jeep than stock, so on my Jeep, the clearance seen in the first photo above is 1" more than it would be with a 32" spare and the stock carrier. So there may not be enough room to fit a 35 and the Rotopax mount with an unmodified factory spare carrier.

And here's the "it depends": Depending on the actual size of your 35, you may have enough clearance between the spare and the Rotopax bracket to make it work, but if your 35 is on the large size you may need to modify your spare carrier to move it to the left.

You may get away with no mods, you may have to modify your spare carrier to move it a bit left, or perhaps you could get away with just drilling new holes in the Rotopax bracket to move it a bit to the right, using up some of that extra clearance to the tail light.

That's the best answer I can provide since I don't have 35's.

My spare carrier has been 1" to the left for many years, with the extra space I've mounted lots of things on the hinges with no problems, including jerry cans.

exogatejerry4_zps6qdrexpr-jpg.159707

BTW I posted a the details of the DIY jerry can carrier here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/diy-exogate-jerry-can-carrier.35074/post-574412

This is super helpful, thanks. I’d buy you a beer if we weren’t on opposite coasts.

I can measure. Follow directions…. I was trying to mount hinge to the big plate instead of at the tail light plate.
1676073924309.png

Status
Not open for further replies.