Motor mount lifts

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey yall, I'm about to get a 1.25 body lift (SAVVY) and a 1" Motor mount lift. I have carefully looked over my oem motor mounts and they look to be in great shape. I really can't see the need to buy after market mounts. So I started looking at the one inch blocks that go under the oem motor mounts. Some are made from steel and some from aluminum. Looks like several companies make them, JKS, Savvy, Rough Country...., and then there is a guy from TX that is milling them from 6061 t6 aluminum. They are very affordable and the guy has been open to all my questions about his blocks. ill post a pic i took of the blocks on Ebay.
I am not really looking for the cheapest way out but just the practicality of it all.Unless you have better advice i'm going to try them out.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Screenshot_20180718-042553.jpgScreenshot_20180718-040218.jpg

I bought those eBay ones. The blocks themselves are fine, but I didn't like the threaded sleeves he supplies with it. I felt it was way too flimsy for the motor mount.

I ended up getting some stuff from McMaster Carr to ensure the fasteners aren't going to fail. Sleeves and grade 5 threaded studs.

McMaster isn't too far from me, so it wasn't too much of a hassle. If I were to do it again, I would just get a kit from one of the big companies.

Fwiw - at the time, i passed on my thoughts to the seller. He seemed to appreciate what I said. I can't say if he has since upgraded the parts in the kit. The pic you posted looks to be the same stuff I received.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I've got his BL+MML kit on order now, but it seems USPS has lost it.

I do know - the BL kit he has has no risers for the radiator support bushings, so I'm going to have to figure something out there. We'll see when I dig into it further.

@superduty For the new extenders - can you provide a McMaster part number for what you ordered to replace? May go ahead and get it ordered if it's going to be an issue.

I've got his BL+MML kit on order now, but it seems USPS has lost it.

I do know - the BL kit he has has no risers for the radiator support bushings, so I'm going to have to figure something out there. We'll see when I dig into it further.

@superduty For the new extenders - can you provide a McMaster part number for what you ordered to replace? May go ahead and get it ordered if it's going to be an issue.

Quantity two of part numbers below. I shortened the threaded rod a little bit. Not critical, but I did. I also used loctite on the coupling nut.

90202A443
99055A318

So my motor mounts came in today. They look solid and the bolt system looks pretty good. It does have directions so we will see if they help or not.. I will have to read the directions several times to make since.. Savvy has been closed , so I will order their 1.25 body lift Monday and install them all at the same time..