Mud Flaps?

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
Don't boo me off the stage, but I'm thinking about getting mud flaps. Does anyone have a pair of these that they didn't end up using?

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 8.28.57 AM.jpg

Mud flaps are a great idea on-road. It sucks being behind a vehicle like a TJ with big tires that kick up all sorts of crap.

Jerry, where do I buy removable flaps? Thanks!
They're out there but I don't know where to buy them since I made my own. How I did mine probably wouldn't interest you since I welded my mount to the frame. There are kits that bolt-on from what I understand.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
Only because Quadratec is selling it can I believe anyone would dare ask $120 for that kit. I just bought a pair of heavy-duty 12x18x1/4" mud flaps today on ebay for $15.76 including shipping, the same ones I ordered 4-5 years ago. I tore one of my mud flaps off out in JV a couple weeks ago after forgetting to remove it so I now need to replace one of the rubber flaps that tore off the support lol.

The other parts including the supports would cost $15 or so from Home Depot where I bought my parts. The only significant difference in theirs and mine is their mounting bases are bolted on, I welded mine on.

Reactions: Wombat
I think I would pass on the Terraflex kit and make your own, did you see the difficulty level 3 Advanced installing them :) I am not sure I am at the advanced level as of yet

Installation Difficulty:
skill-level-3.png
Level 3Advanced

Drilling Required
Installation Time: 1-2 hours

I bought generic bolt on removable mud flaps for my rear tires.
I think it was a trailer hitch kind of shop that I ended up buying it from.
It looks almost exactly as the Teraflex link above, except a bit cheaper, and I had to cut down the width of the flap myself (which I preferred, as I made it extra wide).
For some reason, if I have to have mud flaps (legally I do), I personally like the look of extra wide ones better. In my head, I'm hoping the extra width will make the police think I'm trying extra hard, and will look the other way if they see I don't have front mud flaps.

I definitely prefer the removable mud flaps over the permanent ones.

I have a set of OEM rear mud flaps I’d be happy to sell for $10 plus shipping. They’re rather close to the rear tire, so I wouldn’t attempt to use them for anything larger than a 32” tire or maybe a small 33” tire though. I removed them because I expected them to rub 35” tires excessively.

I have a set of OEM rear mud flaps I’d be happy to sell for $10 plus shipping. They’re rather close to the rear tire, so I wouldn’t attempt to use them for anything larger than a 32” tire or maybe a small 33” tire though. I removed them because I expected them to rub 35” tires excessively.

Are they the hard molded kind or the rubber flappy kind? If the flappy kind, I've been looking for a set for a while .. here is a picture .. if this is the kind you have, I'll happily take it off your hands!

4WD_82202305-OL (1).jpg