Mud splash in engine compartment

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Is there any realistic way to mitigate muddy water splashing all over the engine compartment? There are some rubber dinguses on the lower inside of the fenders, but maybe they're not all there or something. I went 15MPH through some mud puddles that were probably 3 inches deep, and got muddy water on the bottom inside of the hood, on the battery, on the (empty) ABS tray, etc?

Or is this just one of those things?

It could be worse.:giggle: I used to spend $25 at the car wash after each mud outing. No more for me.

Mud jeep.jpg

Is there any realistic way to mitigate muddy water splashing all over the engine compartment? There are some rubber dinguses on the lower inside of the fenders, but maybe they're not all there or something. I went 15MPH through some mud puddles that were probably 3 inches deep, and got muddy water on the bottom inside of the hood, on the battery, on the (empty) ABS tray, etc?

Or is this just one of those things?
This thread is worthless without pics

Not something that ever did any harm when I was out in the mud every weekend. I just got the engine steam cleaned before the winter off season. Usually $50 at the local detailer but you could do it yourself for much less.

Ok, so I'm getting the distinct impression that this is "just one of those things" - and that's fine. Figured I'd ask though...

Deleted . . . . . apologies to Zorba OP.
My post was mean spirited. Again, apologies Zorba.
I left another forum so I wouldn't have to apologize for things I "didn't mean".🤬
p.s. Ignore the avatar of my new Iron Maiden Jeep mask that China forced me to wear. Wait... DON'T! Look at it closely China.

Last edited: