Mud splash in engine compartment

@TheBoogieman @Head Lice - its all good. I don't offend easily, and good ol' joking around is fun! With that said, there is ONE individual here that tries his damnedest to make it personal, and I have him on ignore. You guyz ain't him - and I had to look up "Taffeta" as well. Might make good veils...

Carry on!
I had a guy on another forum that bashed every post I ever made. for some reason. I gave into him and gave him shit back. It's my personality. Such a waste of my time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba
So here in Ontario you wouldn't ever go offroad if you were avoiding puddles/water/mud (not as much mud as water). My engine bay is pretty freaking dirty after a few recent runs. I was actually wondering how one goes about cleaning it all off. What can get wet and what can't?

@TheBoogieman @Head Lice - its all good. I don't offend easily, and good ol' joking around is fun! With that said, there is ONE individual here that tries his damnedest to make it personal, and I have him on ignore. You guyz ain't him - and I had to look up "Taffeta" as well. Might make good veils...

Carry on!
But I’d bet you can draw a trigger spring for an M-1 from memory...

Mud has caused me a lot of problems. It dirties up the alternator and anything else with a bearing and can make the jeep a lot more grumbly. Shortens the life of parts too, obviously. I haven't taken the steps to prevent it yet, I just hose it out and have been replacing pulleys as needed.

I just avoid hitting the air intake too much or putting heavy pressure on small wires. Other than that should be fine to spray engine degreaser and rinse. Mud is the devil. Always open the hood to make sure its all gone. The first time I went mudding I washed without opening the hood. When I finally did a couple days later there was a inch wide rust spot on the inside of fender from some rocky wet mud stuck in between the fender and hood.

You’d like my 1942 issue Enfield III that’s been sportsmanized
I have a "Jungle Carbine" that I inherited from my late father. Kicks like a mule, but I like it in medium doses. Just opened up the M1 as I'm writing this to put in that new Op-rod spring - and the afore mentioned trigger spring isn't what I remembered it to be - so Yea, I probably could draw one from memory! :D

not to hijack the thread but are those antennas for CB or ham radio? I'm thinking of adding mobile ham radio. what antennas do you have?
5 foot Firestik II for CB, and the other is a little unity gain cheapie for GMRS. I also have a 2 foot Firestik II on order to swap on for trail use - that 5 footer would be all over the place!

Reactions: JC123
But I’d bet you can draw a trigger spring for an M-1 from memory...
Thanx for prodding me - new oprod and hammer spring installed, new one is about 3/4" shorter than the old one...
00.jpg