Multi-function switch problem?

Tom Andersen

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I get in the car, start it and notice the left turn indicator light is glowing dimly. I move the turn signal lever both directions and it goes out but slowly comes back on but now the beeping key in, parking brake alarm starts beeping and won't stop until I move the turn signal lever to the right turn position. With the key out I turn the headlight switch to the first position and the alarm sounds, the left turn indicator is on dimly and the blue high beam light is on.

Any suggestions on a replacement brand, it has had a NAPA switch in it for 6 years?

Check your front turn signal bulbs … my 98 did something very similar to that a couple years ago . I was getting the chimes like the key was in the ignition or the lights were left on and the dim lit turn indicator. I turned on the turn signal 1 at a time and the front left facing signal/marker was not working . Replaced the bulb, still not working . Ended up ordering a new socket for it from rock auto and it fixed it. Good luck!👍🏻

Here I took some pictures … circled in red is the part of the socket that is replaceable and where my problem was.

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

Old Post - But I Hope it works! I for some reason NEVER thought of the socket. The Park lights work but the turn signal doesn't - Front only Non-LED bulbs