My '03 Freedom Edition

chimmike

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got it from the in-laws. Was/still is a garage queen. 42k miles. 4.0/42RLE, 3.73's.

Upgrades:
-trans cooler
-Rockjock 4" lift with double adjustable UCAs, front/rear adjustable track bars.
-Smittybilt rear bumper w/tire carrier
-Quadratec front bumper
-Warn VR winch
-locking center console and glove box
-Skyjacker blackmax rear shocks
-Rancho RS500X front shocks
-Rugged Ridge megashort SYE
-Tom Woods double cardan rear driveshaft
-Level 8 tracker pro wheels, Goodyear wrangler MTRs 33x12.50 (got 'em used and they howl!)
-Toyota headlight upgrade

Plans:
-Upgraded steering stabilizer (en route)
-ZJ steering upgrade
-Super35 upgrade with gears/lockers (ARB rear, probably powertrax no slip for the front, 4.56 gears...maybe super 30 upgrade for the front)...super35 subject to maybe getting a good deal on a Dana 44. Not sure.
-JK fogs in-bumper, PIAA LED fogs on the upper bumper mounts.

Did all the work, taking my sweet, sweet time, in my garage. Greased up the steering linkages. Got the toe aligned today and took it for a spin. No death wobble, WOOT
Issues:
-I think...rear main seal leaking. Could be the valve cover. Swapped to high mileage conventional oil for this change, seems to be still leaking.
-leaking high pressure line on the power steering.

20211218_165400-1.jpg

20211218_165345-1.jpg

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Really got out on the road today and put some miles on it. No death wobble! I set things up properly, as it would seem.
More squirrely than stock, but I expected that. Still, much better than I thought it would be. And just fun.

Reactions: jeepguy03