My first jeep

pfons06lj

Hey guys, buying my first jeep Monday when the bank opens.
2006 Wrangler LJ.
Can't wait to join the off road family!

The first thing I'm looking for since it's snowing is a good quality 50-52" light bar and windshield bracket, maybe a roof rack that has a bracket on it too. If anyone has any idea or pics of theirs so I can get a good idea of what's out there I would greatly appreciate it!

214e0fc3833517a043ab9a0007ca96c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's got 106k miles.
Additions to Vehicle:
 East Coast High Pinion Dana 30 Front Axle
 Eaton E-Locker & RCV Axle Shafts(front)
 Sleeved and Gusseted Axle Tubes(front)
 New unit bearings & alloy USA ball joints
 Stainless Magnaflow catalytic converter & Borla exhaust
 Daystar 1 ¼"Poly Pro body lift
 1"H&R Spring Lift with Old Man EMU Shocks
 Under Cover Fabworks Aluminum Transmission Skid Plate
 Lite-Dot LED Tail Lamps
 Black hood louvers
 Tuffy lockable glove box & hood latch
 Line-X entire interior floor
 Daystar hood latches

Reactions: IronCity
Yeah that's super cheap but it's got a lot of good reviews. Might be the way to go at the moment, thanks Chris

Yeah that's super cheap but it's got a lot of good reviews. Might be the way to go at the moment, thanks Chris

That was my thought. Cheap, but it has a lot of positive reviews.

I thought I was going to need a light bar, until I got my LED headlights... That was a total game changer.

That was my thought. Cheap, but it has a lot of positive reviews.

I thought I was going to need a light bar, until I got my LED headlights... That was a total game changer.
What kind of headlight did you get? I wanted to switch to led as well but all the reviews I saw said that they look great but don't put out as much light, so it turned me off the idea and I started looking at bars.

What kind of headlight did you get? I wanted to switch to led as well but all the reviews I saw said that they look great but don't put out as much light, so it turned me off the idea and I started looking at bars.

Check this out:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/headlight-upgrade-options.538/

I went with the Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights. They're used by the US Military on many of their vehicles (Humvees) that they use in Afghanistan and Iraq. They're also DOT approved, and absolutely, mind glowingly bright as shit!

I kid you not when I say that they'll blow you away the first time you use them on a dark road. They're honest to goodness probably 10 times brighter than the stock headlights. I was going to get a light bar until I got the Truck Lites, and now I'll never, ever need a light bar.

These things are just so bright it makes me giggle anytime we drive dark roads at night. The cost quite a bit, but you get what you pay for and then some!

Check this out:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/headlight-upgrade-options.538/

I went with the Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights. They're used by the US Military on many of their vehicles (Humvees) that they use in Afghanistan and Iraq. They're also DOT approved, and absolutely, mind glowingly bright as shit!

I kid you not when I say that they'll blow you away the first time you use them on a dark road. They're honest to goodness probably 10 times brighter than the stock headlights. I was going to get a light bar until I got the Truck Lites, and now I'll never, ever need a light bar.

These things are just so bright it makes me giggle anytime we drive dark roads at night. The cost quite a bit, but you get what you pay for and then some!
Wow those reviews are great for those too. Might do the same thing and get something like those before the light bar. Are they waterproof?

Wow those reviews are great for those too. Might do the same thing and get something like those before the light bar. Are they waterproof?

Yes, they are waterproof as well.

You'll absolutely love them. I can't recommend them enough. Try those before the light bar. There's a very good chance you won't even want a light bar after you see how bright they are.

Hey guys, buying my first jeep Monday when the bank opens.
2006 Wrangler LJ.

Darn! I didn't realize that Adam had an LJ on the lot. Looks like I'm going to try and beat you to Fenton in the AM! ;-)

Seriously though, that's a nice rig and you're going to enjoy the heck out of it. What part of the area are you in? I'm based in Rochester Hills.

Reactions: pfons06lj and Chris
Darn! I didn't realize that Adam had an LJ on the lot. Looks like I'm going to try and beat you to Fenton in the AM! ;-)

Seriously though, that's a nice rig and you're going to enjoy the heck out of it. What part of the area are you in? I'm based in Rochester Hills.
Haha not likely, Rick is my moms fiancé, don't think he'll let someone swoop in. I'm in fenton, but we have property in Detour Village less than a half mile away from the ferry to Drummond Island. Definitely going to be hitting those trails in the spring with my little bro and his TJ.

Glad you ended up getting this LJ. It looks like one hell of a clean buy!