My Holy Grail LJ Rubicon Sahara (needs some work)

I think you should start planning your tool purchases for a lifelong obsession. Watch for these brands: Mayhew, Wright, Williams, Knipex, Klein, SK, Snap-On, OTC, Wilton, and Hein-Werner are a very good start. Watch for garage sales and for sale ads in the paper. Lots of old widows out there dumping a lifetime of tool collections of top quality US forged tools. Get a great set of US made cobalt drill bits, (left handed bits too) and extractors as you may break more while mastering a gentle but firm hand. Never loan your tools, especially your drill bits. Even a best friend can turn into a chump when borrowing a tool. I don't loan or borrow.

I think you should start planning your tool purchases for a lifelong obsession. Watch for these brands: Mayhew, Wright, Williams, Knipex, Klein, SK, Snap-On, OTC, Wilton, and Hein-Werner are a very good start. Watch for garage sales and for sale ads in the paper. Lots of old widows out there dumping a lifetime of tool collections of top quality US forged tools. Get a great set of US made cobalt drill bits, (left handed bits too) and extractors as you may break more while mastering a gentle but firm hand. Never loan your tools, especially your drill bits. Even a best friend can turn into a chump when borrowing a tool. I don't loan or borrow.

Shit brother, I feel you! I've got an entire Craftsman socket and wrench set. I've been hitting up Harbor Freight for some nick nacks.

Reactions: Flivver250
Shit brother, I feel you! I've got an entire Craftsman socket and wrench set. I've been hitting up Harbor Freight for some nick nacks.

I've had multiple Jeeps, all with one thing in common. They helped me collect a large supply of tools!

You can get the numbered badge still... call 888.267-2187 and tell them about your Jeep. They are still aware of the marketing for the Jeep and their supply of badges.. I just called today. They called me back at 800.782-4356 to give me some information. I spoke with a guy, forgot his name, but he is familiar and told me Trish no longer works for their company.

Well I had to sign up for an account and it messed up my user name. lol. Anyway it was worth it to share the info. Hope you are still building the Jeep.

I purchased #364 in June of 2015 and had it delivered sight unseen only to find out it had been title washed by the LEO I purchased it from. His name is Craig LaMountain and he works for the Nassau police in Long Island NY. That POS quit answering his phone after I broke the news Nevada knew it had been in an accident and the title had been washed. I’m six years plus into this build and although I was dealt a dud I have turned the rig into something anyone would be proud to own and don’t regret the purchase even tho the cop was a lier and a thief. The major components of the Rubicon model on mine were missing except the rear axle and stock locker. Also the Jeep had totally been molested by previous owners doing crap like drilling a hole right through the dash plaque for god knows why.

Hopefully you are still working on the RS, this thread is starting to get dated. Hold on to her and be a good custodian.