My short-term (5000 mile) review of my CSF replacement radiator

I don't know how it could be, I've read countless threads here that state unequivocally that the OEM cooling system is the pinnacle of automotive engineering and can not be improved upon.

Snort! The damn thing barely works and has only medium term longevity/reliability.

I don't know how it could be, I've read countless threads here that state unequivocally that the OEM cooling system is the pinnacle of automotive engineering and can not be improved upon.

Who's posted that? What has been posted is that one hasn't been found that works as well, much less better, as the OEM at a reasonable price and that's readily available.

How's the Denso working out so far?

No issues so far. Not sure of the mileage offhand but believe it's around or just under 1k. Temps have been fine as well. I did a full cooling system overhaul at the time (save for the heater core). Everything appeared to be factory with 113k on the clock when I purchased the LJ.

Last edited:

Hasn't been =/= cannot be.

All we need is at least one aftermarket manufacturer to act like "meets OE specs" actually means what it says, but so far they seem to be more interested in meeting a $100 price point.

No issues so far. Not sure of the mileage offhand but believe it's around or just under 1k. Temps have been fine as well. I did a full cooling system overhaul (save for the heater core). Everything appeared to be factory with 113k on the clock when I purchased the LJ.

Nice! I think I'll give the Denso a try.

Reactions: L J
Hey guys! CSF radiator is running well after three years and summers in AZ. I put this one in at 59k miles and I'm at 65k miles now and no issues as of yet. There is some confusion between the brass and plastic style. I have the plastic OEM equivalent and I haven't had any issues with this one or the one I put in my last TJ.

That being said, I would probably go with Denso on my next one since they are an OEM supplier for many foreign vehicles. I have one on my Tundra (OEM) with no issues as well.

CSF has been fine for me and is a great option for $100. If it goes bad it's not hard to replace. Denso is a little pricier but has a long-term reputation of being reliable. It's a pick-your-poison kind of situation :) Mine has worked out for me.

Hey guys! CSF radiator is running well after three years and summers in AZ. I put this one in at 59k miles and I'm at 65k miles now and no issues as of yet. There is some confusion between the brass and plastic style. I have the plastic OEM equivalent and I haven't had any issues with this one or the one I put in my last TJ.

That being said, I would probably go with Denso on my next one since they are an OEM supplier for many foreign vehicles. I have one on my Tundra (OEM) with no issues as well.

CSF has been fine for me and is a great option for $100. If it goes bad it's not hard to replace. Denso is a little pricier but has a long-term reputation of being reliable. It's a pick-your-poison kind of situation :) Mine has worked out for me.

Just curious.... Are you running the 42RLE trans?

There’s no way to compare longevity of OEM vs Denso or CSF yet. For all we know the Denso or CSF could last longer than OEM. We need many more years and larger sample size to know anything.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
There’s no way to compare longevity of OEM vs Denso or CSF yet. For all we know the Denso or CSF could last longer than OEM. We need many more years and larger sample size to know anything.

Yep - talk about it in 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Based on reviews from all over the place, I can't see where buying a $300-$400 rad is any better than a $100-$150 rad. I just ordered the CSF and will install in the next 2 weeks. Will keep you posted on how it works.