My Sienna Pearl 04 Sport build and picture thread

TJFyfe

It's been almost a year since I bought my TJ so it's finally time to get a built/picture thread going.

Current setup;
-2.5" BB lift
-33x12.5 15 A/T
-Dana 30 front, 3.73
-Dana 44 rear, 3.73
-Rubicon Express quick disconnects
-Smittybilt stinger bumper
-8,500lbs Superwinch

2019 Goals;
-Hand throttle
-3.5" lift
-33x12.5 15 M/T (and new wheels)
-Finish tailgate setup
-Cargo rack

June 8th, 2018
Picked up my new to me TJ, dubbed Bugs
file12.jpeg

June 9th, 2018
Took the jeep on a light run out to some windmills to get an idea of capability
file1.jpeg

July 17th, 2018
Went out to my first Pirate Off-Road Nation coffee night
file-1.jpeg

Last edited:
July 22nd, 2018
First mod!
Managed to get myself quite stuck and decided I didn't want to be stuck without a way to help myself again.
file-3.jpeg
So I asked a few guys locally for some recommendations and ended up purchasing this 8,500lbs Superwinch!
file2.jpeg

August 31st, 2018
After waiting almost a month for a winch plate and moving back to university, I finally got the winch mounted!
file4.jpeg

September 6th, 2018
New bumper!
My old bumper had a few too many bends for my liking so I got a steel bumper!
file-2.jpeg

Of course my old winch plate no longer fits my bumper though so I'm winchless once again!

October 14th, 2018
Adding the new bumper got rid of my fog lights and I've had enough of not being able to see at night, so new headlights!
file5.jpeg

January 13th, 2019
Bought myself some Rubicon Express quick disconnects for my birthday, along with a 5.6cfm air compressor!
Pics of quick disconnects to come

January 25th, 2019
Its warmer than -10 C for the first time in a month and a half so...
file13.jpeg
Doors off!

March 4th, 2019
Got started on my tailgate storage.
file11.jpeg
Plans are for a flashlight, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and a mount for my trail machete.

Found some brand new led flood pods in my boxes of random car parts so I installed them on my bumper, gotta wait until night time to see how much extra light my free mod will net me
F1592D1D-245E-4EF2-8995-095498145407.jpeg

Looks good!

I don't think you will be able to run 35"s and 3.5" of lift. Common rec is 5" of total lift, usually a 4" suspension and 1" body to clear 35" tires.
Thanks for the info! Haven’t gotten around to researching what I’d need to fit some 35’s so I guess they’ll be a couple of years down the road!

So today was a new one for me, started the jeep up and noticed I didn't have power steering, so I shut it off and had a look under the hood to find..
file1-2.jpeg
my idler pulley snapped off! So I unwrapped the serpentine belt and figured I was close enough to home to not overheat since it's -8C today.
file2-2.jpeg
I thought wrong. Topped up the coolant with some water bottles and snow and it was time for a little redneck engineering..
file-6.jpeg
Ziptie belt kept the jeep from overheating for the 7 minute drive I had left.
Got it home and changed the idler pulley, tensioner pulley and the serpentine belt this afternoon and she's running great once again.