My surgery update

Bowels have decided to work, they are having me try solid food in small amounts.

Since I have IBS which isn't happy with all the extra gas, trauma its dealings with. I hoping at some point it might calm down.
That's great news

During the lockdown of 2020 I had two cases of diverticulitis.
2 trips to emergency room, two separate CT scans, all during heat of Covid.
Jan 2021 I became so sick, thought I was going to die. Two weeks of worst pain.
Diagnosis is IBS.
Life-changing.
Hang in there brother, It sounds like your a fighter!
You got this!

Bowls working sounds like progress. Super glad you are doing better and hope you're home. Stay strong and get well so you can take the grandson for a ride in the Jeep & Corvette.

Reactions: mrjp and reddvltj
Yesterday was a hard day because 39 years ago on May 7th my brother passed away. The last place I wanted to be was inside a hospital.

The living hell he went through for so many years. With his last breath he was begging to live. My son is named after him.

I'm hoping my lab work comes back ok, and they can take the drain hose out of my side.

Bowels have decided to work, they are having me try solid food in small amounts.

Since I have IBS which isn't happy with all the extra gas, trauma its dealings with. I hoping at some point it might down.
mxc800
Thanks for sharing your journey !
• Awesome news , little by little count your blessings brotha !
• I’ve never been near a situation like yours, although I been off work for 14 months for medical reasons.
• Hang on and stay focused on the bright things in life

Wishing you a strong recovery !!!

DETOUR,

Dawson Creek

MILE ZERO ALASKA HIGHWAY

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

They finally pulled the drain hose out today. The hose for whatever reason was so long she was folding it as she pulled it. She said no wonder you have been in agony

I didn't see the hose I was to busy screaming like a girl after the prom. The holes should heal up, but the surgeon will check it again in two weeks.

I can't do anything, not that I did much before all this.

They finally pulled the drain hose out today. The hose for whatever reason was so long she was folding it as she pulled it. She said no wonder you have been in agony

I didn't see the hose I was to busy screaming like a girl after the prom. The holes should heal up, but the surgeon will check it again in two weeks.

I can't do anything, not that I did much before all this.

Date you get to go home?

I don't know about an abdominal drain hose but the two I had in my legs HURT like a MOFO. And the catheter was no picnic either so I am feeling your pain brother.

I don't know if I shared my melt down. So a roommate for one night was in for removal of scar tissue in his hip. I'm listening to him go on and on about should he have half a pain pill in case he might have some future pain.

Mr Sunshine goes skipping down the hall, so my two nurses ask me how I'm doing. I unload with why can millions of people have their appendix removed and go home? Oh not me, I get food poisoning with a bunch of others in December 1999. They get antibiotics in the hospital for a few days.

I get post infection IBS, I start ranting about all the other things that I get because I'm in the small percentage.

I wake up hours later sitting on a white cloud looking out into space. One of the nurses gave me big dose of adavant. (Think that is what she called it.)

I don't know if I shared my melt down. So a roommate for one night was in for removal of scar tissue in his hip. I'm listening to him go on and on about should he have half a pain pill in case he might have some future pain.

Mr Sunshine goes skipping down the hall, so my two nurses ask me how I'm doing. I unload with why can millions of people have their appendix removed and go home? Oh not me, I get food poisoning with a bunch of others in December 1999. They get antibiotics in the hospital for a few days.

I get post infection IBS, I start ranting about all the other things that I get because I'm in the small percentage.

I wake up hours later sitting on a white cloud looking out into space. One of the nurses gave me big dose of adavant. (Think that is what she called it.)
Ativan.... GOOOOOOOOD CHIT!!!
Very!!! effective at reducing anxiety and putting people to sleep!!!
I may or may not have a prescription for the generic equivalent...😁

• Haha
Reactions: mrjp and Wildman
Fuck man, so glad you're home! Best of luck with your recovery. Take it easy and listen to what the doctors recommend. They know what they're talking about more times than not... even if you don't like what they're saying.

This thread reads just like my dad's stint in the hospital with appendicitis back in 2014. If he hadn't passed earlier this year I would have sworn you were him posting.

We're working on my car one afternoon (piece of crap 240sx) and he gets a sharp pain in his gut. Lays down for five minutes and comes back out and we keep wrenching... A few days later he goes to the doctor because he thinks he has a UTI and they call him back and say "you need to go to the ER right now, your appendix could rupture at any moment." I was interning at the company he worked for, so we drive to the ER and get him checked in, they run their dye tests, and results come back as inconclusive. He's there for over a week with pain getting worse and nothing being done until one doctor finally grows a pair and says he's gonna cut him wide open and do some exploring. They do it, find that his appendix had been ruptured the entire time and that things had gone septic in there. The docs finally pulled it out and stapled him back up. Three more weeks and he's finally recovered enough to leave. We all thought he wasn't going to make it out of there at one point since the recovery wasn't smooth and he was in the same situation as you where his guts didn't want to do their job.

There were only one good thing that came from that hospital stay. He went thru all of his nicotine withdraws while hopped up on painkillers so he was able to quit smoking. Went from a pack a day to nothing and never did pick it back up again.