1Blacktj

TJ Enthusiast
So I was reading yesterday about installing cruise control using the factory plug that is in some 03-06 wranglers. I found this plug and I am not sure what it goes to. My two guesses is cruise control plug (crossing my fingers) or the plug for the hood dome light.
1547815949561.png

Not 100% positive but I think it should be near the brake booster on the driver's side fender, will have to wait for someone with more knowledge on the subject.

Hi @1Blacktj

The cruise control module or actuator is located by the driver side of the motor compartment. The wire harness are attached to the driver side fender to the firewall.

I do marked with a happy Friday face on the picture below, you will be able to see the wiring route.
Picture from a 04 LJ during Hi-Line fenders install prep. TJ's should be similar.
1547820375045.png

Hope this helps!

Hi @1Blacktj

The cruise control module or actuator is located by the driver side of the motor compartment. The wire harness are attached to the driver side fender to the firewall.

I do marked with a happy Friday face on the picture below, you will be able to see the wiring route.
Picture from a 04 LJ during Hi-Line fenders install prep. TJ's should be similar.
View attachment 72859

Hope this helps!

You always give great replies and pics :)
I have confirmed my CC is properly connected to the vacuum line and that vacuum line appears to be pulling good vacuum since the HVAC controls are working well.
When I activate the cruise control is takes up to 20 seconds to lock and then it locks the gas pedal and simply idles so I just coast. It isn't locking the CC at the speed I am going.
I do know the PO removed the intake and exhaust manifolds to replace gaskets so he had to hook everything back up. Prior to that he said the CC was working.
Any ideas?

@Chris add this This thread is worthless without pics to the keyboard with pun intended I think! LOL!!
I do find pictures and drawings very useful for me to learn so I do my best to reciprocate that.

Did the CC light at the cluster panel stay steady lit or blink. No recall what the blink means so we may need to dig on that a little more.

Assuming you already check the electrical side;

When you disconnect the vacuum hose from the CC vacuum hose, do you feel the vacuum? I will like to get sense of it here more than see other things working. (just been me)

Other good test will be check the unit it self no have any leaks. I do have a Mityvac tool that I use for this kind of test.

Reactions: Chris
@Chris add this This thread is worthless without pics to the keyboard with pun intended I think! LOL!!
I do find pictures and drawings very useful for me to learn so I do my best to reciprocate that.

Did the CC light at the cluster panel stay steady lit or blink. No recall what the blink means so we may need to dig on that a little more.

Assuming you already check the electrical side;

When you disconnect the vacuum hose from the CC vacuum hose, do you feel the vacuum? I will like to get sense of it here more than see other things working. (just been me)

Other good test will be check the unit it self no have any leaks. I do have a Mityvac tool that I use for this kind of test.

I beleive there is good vacuum at the unit but will confirm. Assuming that is good what would be the next step? I don't have a tool to pull a vacuum on the CC unit.

I will think about it. Out a shape with this CC stuff to be honest.

Dumb to ask but, are the cable end hook up to the correct point on the intake?

I will think it is and the issue maybe on the unit but when PO also like to moves things around is good to cover the most basics.

I will think about it. Out a shape with this CC stuff to be honest.

Dumb to ask but, are the cable end hook up to the correct point on the intake?

I will think it is and the issue maybe on the unit but when PO also like to moves things around is good to cover the most basics.

I thought of this too but couldn't find any pics of the proper configuration. Could you take one? Your'e good at it :)

@Jorge Bolivar
@Mr. Bills
Greatly appreciated guys, very helpful information. Thanks!

Jorge, what's the deal with that funky intake? What purpose does it serve? What does the opening look like? You know this violates @Jerry Bransford 's rule of leaving the stock intake alone and only using AC Delco filters... :sisi1
There are other good air filters, I just ordered two Fram air filters last night. AC-Delco just measured the best overall in a lab air filter test. :)

Reactions: mgroeger
@Jorge Bolivar
@Mr. Bills
Greatly appreciated guys, very helpful information. Thanks!

Jorge, what's the deal with that funky intake? What purpose does it serve? What does the opening look like? You know this violates @Jerry Bransford 's rule of leaving the stock intake alone and only using AC Delco filters... :sisi1

@mgroeger

Take a look.
Hi-line Install Step 1

@Jerry Bransford is correct on the intake statement and the use of Delco and/or Fram air filter. I just do not have the space, so I relocate the box using a more compact one. The air intake opening is .125" bigger than the OEM one. I do still need to run the LJ more to really write a comparison within the two.
Yes, I do use a Fram air filter.

Reactions: mgroeger