Mysterious stalling issues

Well, I recieved my new pcm from wranglerfix and installed it and of course my problem continues. Could a faulty temperature sending unit possibly be my problem? The jeep drives fine until the engine warms up. Could it be sending a signal to the pcm of overheating causing a shutdown? I dunno, I'm running out of things to replace. Once it stalls I let it sit for about 10 to 20 minutes until it cools a little. Then it will fire up a drive for a few hundred yards and then it does the same thing. Just wondering if this sounds plausible to anyone. As you can probably tell I'm a desperate man.
What was the original issue with your Jeep? Any codes now?

What was the original issue with your Jeep? Any codes now?
The jeep starts and drives fine until the engine warms up. Once it is warms up the vehicle just pretty much shuts down until it cools off. By shutting down I mean it's almost like fuel is just cut off. Once it stalls it will crank and idle but if you try and give any throttle it kills it.

The jeep starts and drives fine until the engine warms up. Once it is warms up the vehicle just pretty much shuts down until it cools off. By shutting down I mean it's almost like fuel is just cut off. Once it stalls it will crank and idle but if you try and give any throttle it kills it.
Following having the same exact issue.

Your first description was it acted like it ran out of gas chase that first, My excursion did exactly the same thing I know not a jeep but still had trash in the fuel tank exactly what you described

Reactions: Wranglerfix
sounds like trash in your fuel tank or fuel system
That’s what I thought at first. Still getting po340 after changing all ignition except coil pack.. it does run a little better until I warm it up. shut it down for a bit. Then run it again and it will die without restarting all over again until it cools down

missed your code
Mines and 04 but diagnostics per the manual for a 2004 are
Symptom:
P0340-NO CAM REFERENCE SIGNAL AT PCM
When Monitored and Set Condition:
When Monitored: Engine cranking/running.
Set Condition: At least 5 seconds have elapsed with Crankshaft Position Sensor signals
present but no Camshaft Position Sensor signal.
POSSIBLE CAUSES
CHECKING INTERMITTENT CMP SIGNAL WITH LAB SCOPE
CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL
(K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
(K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED GROUND
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL SHORTED TO (K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(K4) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
PCM

missed your code
Mines and 04 but diagnostics per the manual for a 2004 are
Symptom:
When Monitored and Set Condition:
When Monitored: Engine cranking/running.
Set Condition: At least 5 seconds have elapsed with Crankshaft Position Sensor signals
present but no Camshaft Position Sensor signal.
POSSIBLE CAUSES
CHECKING INTERMITTENT CMP SIGNAL WITH LAB SCOPE
CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL
(K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
(K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED GROUND
(K44) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL SHORTED TO (K7) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(K4) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
PCM
So other than replacing the sensor and check for shorts in wiring, (already done) I’m at a loss.

I have a 97 tj with the 2.5 manual transmission. Jeep stalls every once in a while, usually at the worst time possible, at a red light or date night with my fiance you know whenever the best possible opportunity for embarrassment. I've searched numerous threads and I've been grateful for all insight. Here's all the parts thrown at it so far. Plugs, wires, rotor button, distributer cap. Throttle position sensor, IAC, map sensor, crankshaft position sensor. All mopar. 02 sensor upstream ngk. Fuel pump delphi. Even upgrading throttle body hoping for the best. The weird thing is after I'd replace something it would run fine for a month or so giving me false hope and then it would go right back to the same old symptoms. First while driving it starts Losing power almost like losing fuel. Finally dies and won't start. But after about 10 minutes or so it starts right up, and I rush home. Other instances would be at a stop and idles very low to where I have to feather it to keep it running. I'm clutching at straws now exploring fuel injectors and even coil packs. Kinda wish something major would finally break so I'd know what to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is your gas tank cap not venting properly ?
- I’m talking from personal experience in various applications
- don’t close the cap all the way and check if it makes a difference
- “normally” if the Gastank is full and the cap doesn’t vent , the starving symptoms show up pretty quick , on the other hand, if you take off with a half tank, you’ll get farther
- I’ve seen it as bad, that I’ve noticed a sucking sound , while unscrewing the filler cap

let us know what you find , thx

~•|||||•~👋🏿

That’s what I thought at first. Still getting po340 after changing all ignition except coil pack.. it does run a little better until I warm it up. shut it down for a bit. Then run it again and it will die without restarting all over again until it cools down
I can check your ecm if you would like to mail it in.

Reactions: Mike Gibbs
Having suffered similar issues in another vehicle (bad cat) I would try a test. Start the Jeep cold as is and let her warm up and stall, remove the upstream o2 sensor from the down pipe and try again.