Mysterious stalling issues

Is your gas tank cap not venting properly ?
- I’m talking from personal experience in various applications
- don’t close the cap all the way and check if it makes a difference
- “normally” if the Gastank is full and the cap doesn’t vent , the starving symptoms show up pretty quick , on the other hand, if you take off with a half tank, you’ll get farther
- I’ve seen it as bad, that I’ve noticed a sucking sound , while unscrewing the filler cap

let us know what you find , thx

~•|||||•~👋🏿
I drove the jeep today until the symptoms returned (stalling) and did as you suggested. I loosened the gas cap and noticed a little sucking sound but nothin major. But it didn't resolve the issue. But I appreciate your time and effort.

'04 LJ 4 speed Auto.

Stalls on small inclines. Going forward or reverse. Whether its warmed up or just started. Its not stalling while driving on roads or on flat ground. But trying to pull up or down the sloped sidewalk into the driveway is enough of a slope itll stall...

Only codes are for bank 2 number 2 O2 sensor. But that's been there for over a year and stalling is recent.

I just noticed while messing around with my jeep that under the vacuum canister (coffee can) there was charcoal all on my fender and on top of it by the vacuum lines. Could this possibly have been my problem all along causing my stalling problems? The charcoal being sucked into my vacuum lines.

20210122_170017.jpg

20210122_170023.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
HI! I am new to the TJ wrangler but I am definitely not new to Wranglers.

I just bought a '98 wrangler with this same issue.

Anyway, here is a little bit of history on my beauty: (someone has been chasing this mysterious stalling issue, and everything else under the sun that ever could've been whacky with it because they replaced everything on it before they sold it to me)
- New Alternator
- New Crankshaft Positioning sensor
- SS Brake Lines
- New SPark Plugs & Wires
- New AC Compressor
- O2 Sensors(new)
- Hoses are new
- Air Filter
- Only things that haven't been replaced are a few gaskets here and there

- needs:
- new brakes
- New front end Stabilizers
- it wouldn't hurt for a new battery
to use some dielectric grease in the connections behind the instrument panel as well as some LED replacement bulbs, a Fuel Filter and a tune up

But can anyone help explain why It only dies at idle and not any other time?
Is there anything I can do for this? When I go to crank it up I have to give it Gas to get it to start up everytime.
This seems like a Fuel System Issue?