N-fab rock rails

Amyrick97

Hey guys I’m new to the forum so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize. I’m also new to the Jeep game, I just bought my first tj 3 weeks ago. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has used the N-fab rock rails and maybe has some pictures and if they’re worth it. I would like to get them for rocker protection because I really don’t know how often I’ll be in rocks but I do want the piece of mind but I’m not ready to drill holes in the tube yet. If there are any others that are good that I don’t have to drill into the tub with let me know that too though.

637430A1-D65A-4B2D-9FFD-05CE1FE20B9A.jpeg

I have the N-Fab rails on mine and I'm happy with them. Even picked up the modular steps to mount later when I get a lift and larger tires.
IMG_20190713_160845-01.jpeg

I have the N-Fab rails on mine and I'm happy with them. Even picked up the modular steps to mount later when I get a lift and larger tires.View attachment 172295
Do they just bolt to the bolt for the body mounts the website didn’t really have any good pictures of them i was wanting to see what the looked like underneath too, do you have any pictures from the bottom side?

Do they just bolt to the bolt for the body mounts the website didn’t really have any good pictures of them i was wanting to see what the looked like underneath too, do you have any pictures from the bottom side?

Yes, Straight to the body mounts. I don't have a underside pic with me, but I'll see if I can get one this week. Pretty simple install.

Could you expand on that statement?
The body mount bolts are a very poor method of attaching steps or sliders. Bolt on the top end and the even loading across the body mounts is disrupted (even if they are trimmed). Attach to the underside and you are putting a lot of leverage on those bolts that was never intended.

I'm just trying to address the immediate issue and not talk about the overall issue of how they are attached. I think they are two different issues and didn't want to confuserate anybody.

4A95682C-05A7-4040-BB9F-E295D608A731.jpeg
I'm just trying to address the immediate issue and not talk about the overall issue of how they are attached. I think they are two different issues and didn't want to confuserate anybody.
Gotcha thanks. Well after I hit the Rubicon in August maybe I’ll have a better understanding of how these rails hold up. Thanks for the info.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT and Jamesval035
Body mount rock rails aren't going to be very good as actual rock rails.

If you just want a step, then it'll work. Otherwise, you need tub mount to actually use them for its purpose.

View attachment 330399

Gotcha thanks. Well after I hit the Rubicon in August maybe I’ll have a better understanding of how these rails hold up. Thanks for the info.
I wouldn’t take that risk. Damaging more than the rails is the consequence of attaching a supposed rock rail to the body mounts