Washington Naches / Funny Rocks

Basically yes...

Use your existing flat 4 (or you could swap it out for a flat 5 that has the additional wire for the brakes), get a trailer side flat 4 and a quick connect for the 5th wire. Take the pigtail (trailer side flat 4 and additional wire) and wire it to the (truck side) 7 pin you have in your pictures. All you'd be making is a plug in adapter to a 7 pin that can reach the tongue of the trailer. Then when you get where you're going just unplug the flat four and 1 quick connect wire and the adapter stays with the trailer.

I've got a few home made adapters in the shop that I can brake out tomorrow and give you a better visual of what I'm describing.

A better visual would be helpful. I’ll be picking up what I need tomorrow and trying to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks for help. Good ideas.

Another one I’m thinking about is drilling a hole for the 7-pin harness in the top of my bumper and that will be that. Just need to make sure I can feed the wires underneath and make it all work.

Reactions: reddvltj
A better visual would be helpful. I’ll be picking up what I need tomorrow and trying to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks for help. Good ideas.

Another one I’m thinking about is drilling a hole for the 7-pin harness in the top of my bumper and that will be that. Just need to make sure I can feed the wires underneath and make it all work.

I'll see about digging out the adapter tomorrow (probably late morning).

Hold off on the bumper cannibalization... Unless it's what you really want to do it.

Reactions: JMT
I'll see about digging out the adapter tomorrow (probably late morning).

Hold off on the bumper cannibalization... Unless it's what you really want to do it.

I’ll hold offf. My time gets real short once Wednesday comes, but I can always just rig it up without bolting the 7-pin down and run it for the trip. Solve it all later.

I’ll hold offf. My time gets real short once Wednesday comes, but I can always just rig it up without bolting the 7-pin down and run it for the trip. Solve it all later.

Ok, so the one I was looking for that was already wired is no where to be found but I think this should give you a better idea than just words on a screen.

20220719_122733.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so the one I was looking for that was already wired is bo where to be found but I think this should give you a better idea than just words on a screen.

View attachment 344294

Ok, great! I bought a single pigtail for the ground, a double pigtail for the power and brake, a quick splice to tap into the brake wire under the dash. I'll just need to run the wires and see if I can get it to work. I'll have to hook up the Autowbrake, of course, but I know where the junction box is and I have a electrical diagram, so that should be pretty easy.

@DaveF was super great guiding me through Reiter. He knew the park well and could spot me on some highly technical lines. We got through a ton of trails. He guessed around 70-80% of the trails a well-built TJ on 35’s can do. The trees were oh so close. It was fun. We really got rockin in the afternoon! Dave completed a couple obstacles he hadn’t done before. I completed a lot I hadn’t done before! 🤣 Without him I would have been lost. @B00mb00m you missed out. We were able to go through trails pretty quick for a couple of crawlers. The scenery is impeccable. Bumps and bruises, but nothing broken. Drove 5 hours back home. Rig handles wonderfully! Thanks again Dave. Super day! I’ll post some videos tomorrow. A couple pics for now. Not many because it was mostly video.

89366F23-A28F-46B7-818A-1D8654968861.jpeg

84555F5C-439C-4212-9C8C-C8DD2D37E361.jpeg