what is a properly backspaced wheel?
Stock wheels with around 5.5" of backspacing work fine with 31s. If you want the ties/wheels to stick out farther, get wheels with 3.75-4" backspacing.
p.s. If your springs measure 12" front and 8" rear as it sits, look for these on top of the springs and measure the thickness. That will be the lift height.
BB.jpg

Last edited:
So a buddy of mine put two-inch spacers in their coil springs to get some lift without getting a whole lift kit installed how do you guys feel about that? Will it end up doing more harm than good?

Spacers are ok to use. What I wouldn't do is use them as a fix for old sagging springs. But if you want a little more height and the springs are good that's fine.

A lot of people run small spacers up front to level the Jeep. Without them the rear will sit a little higher than the front.

Holy Crap! I literally never would have known my jeep is already lifted, see I told you I'm lost! what is a properly backspaced wheel?
Judging by your profile photo your jeep also identifies as a YJ. (Wipers)

Welcome to the TJ world.

He was making a joke about the position of your wipers :)

I went with the falken Wildpeak at/3w tires on my truck. I love the tires. Snow rated for trips to Mt Hood and handle Oregon rain very well. Once the Jeep needs new tires, it’ll get the falkens as well. For all my “off roading” they are more than adequate.

I can highly highly recommend BFG KO2's for almost any vehicle, but they do especially well on our TJ's. I've had them in anything from heavy rain, rocks, mud, and deep snow and I've never had trouble. Plus in my opinion they're the best looking tire you can put on a TJ. Others have said Falken and they seem good, I have no experience with them though. Personally I'm a huge fan of the BFG's. This pic was taken in February during the snowpocalypse we got down south, right after this I drove through the ditch that had all the snow from the road in it and had to brush snow off my winch. Jeep never slowed down even in that :LOL:

About me snow.jpg