Arizona Need capable shop / mechanic in East Valley

Last update on this particular issue - picked up my TJ from Letz Roll Offroad a few days ago. Night and day difference in how it feels driving - beautifully tight and stable. They got the trackbar in the right place with a new beefy mount in the original location, adjusted the trackbar length to put the axle exactly where it needed to be - cause it wasn't there even after previous shop said they did a full alignment. Very happy with the work they did, the cost of that work, and the great communication from everyone at Letz Roll. Glad I made the appointment and didn't cancel it............. one of the rare times I did something right:) I get to install my Tom Woods rear shaft that should be delivered today and then most pressing I need to chase down a P0442 code. Replaced the solenoid, the charcoal canister, and the rubber tubing I can access in the engine compartment - no help - gotta get under and find the leak - any suggestions on this? Need to pass emissions to renew the registration.

Cheers
Bart

Last update on this particular issue - picked up my TJ from Letz Roll Offroad a few days ago. Night and day difference in how it feels driving - beautifully tight and stable. They got the trackbar in the right place with a new beefy mount in the original location, adjusted the trackbar length to put the axle exactly where it needed to be - cause it wasn't there even after previous shop said they did a full alignment. Very happy with the work they did, the cost of that work, and the great communication from everyone at Letz Roll. Glad I made the appointment and didn't cancel it............. one of the rare times I did something right:) I get to install my Tom Woods rear shaft that should be delivered today and then most pressing I need to chase down a P0442 code. Replaced the solenoid, the charcoal canister, and the rubber tubing I can access in the engine compartment - no help - gotta get under and find the leak - any suggestions on this? Need to pass emissions to renew the registration.

Cheers
Bart

I pulled my battery cable. Drove it 40 miles. Passed emissions with no problems. Good to go for 2 years.

Reactions: xXDavidCXx

Cheers
Bart

Death wobble is gone then?

Death wobble is history. Jeep drives great. Now I'm losing hair over the P0442 code..... It triggered when my daughter was learning to drive the Jeep with it's manual tranny and one of the times the Jeep bogged down and stalled the CEL came on. When I read the code it was the P0442........ Reset it with a code reader and it came back on a couple days later........ My registration is months expired while getting the vehicle drivable and I need an emissions test to renew................... @#$% never ends.

• Sad
Reactions: RINC
Death wobble is history. Jeep drives great. Now I'm losing hair over the P0442 code..... It triggered when my daughter was learning to drive the Jeep with it's manual tranny and one of the times the Jeep bogged down and stalled the CEL came on. When I read the code it was the P0442........ Reset it with a code reader and it came back on a couple days later........ My registration is months expired while getting the vehicle drivable and I need an emissions test to renew................... @#$% never ends.

Did you replace the gas cap already?

I've replaced the evap canister, the purge valve, some of the rubber hoses, and most recently the gas cap. I replaced the gas cap with a cap from a local auto parts store, whose owner is a Jeep guy. The worker that day told me to call back and talk to the owner so I did that today - he told me that I should use an OEM cap as some of the off brands aren't as well made and said he'd refund my money if the Jeep cap worked. I ordered a Mopar gas cap today, delivery tomorrow. Hope it works but not planning on it....... I will check the electrical signal at the purge valve tomorrow but I'm not sure what I'm looking for - is it a constant voltage, variable voltage, or something else.

Was wondering if I take the hose going to the rear of the vehicle and connect it to the hose coming from the rear of the vehicle, effectively bypassing everything aft of the engine compartment, if that would help me isolate the issue or will that in of itself trigger the CEL or cause more problems.

I also had some rear driveshaft vibes that Letz Roll Offroad pointed out to me when I had the front end taken care of. I had felt them but given everything else with this Jeep lately I pushed that to the side.......... That driveshaft was a Tatton driveshaft I put on probably 7-8 years ago when the SYE was installed and the TC drop was then removed. I ordered a Tom Woods replacement 2 weeks ago, received it 4 days later, Good looking driveshaft and after installing it the vibes were gone.

So hey, the DW is gone and it drives better than it has in years........ thrilled with that, would just like to be able to renew the registration....

Cheers
Bart

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and xXDavidCXx