Need help after being rear ended

Thedogsbollocks

TJ Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
Got rear ended back in July and TJ is at body shop since then. Two parts are preventing repairs...one is a frame part.
The frame part no is 52059617AJ. It’s the rear left to right frame cross member. Apparently this is luckily the only serviceable part of the frame as the part number is listed as available. However , this week Jeep advices it’s discontinued. Spoke with shop today and because Jeep was so new despite age he is reluctant to do an improvised fix. ( 2006 Rubicon 7,800 miles only)
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get this oem part as Jeep say unavailable?

The second part is the Gas tank. Apparently the gas tank on this model is 05 / 06 only and again...Jeep say not available.

I’m not happy have a fix without the oem parts particularly the cross member and the alternative seem to be they will total the Jeep...this I want to avoid at all costs if poss.

So any help in tracking down a new cross member part and or gas tank would be very much appreciated. I’m nervous as a kitten this perfect TJ is going to have to have a bodged fix or totalled...thanks everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: Tob
car-part.com and scour the US for it. Should be plenty available.
If not? Find a good fabricator and fab one out of DOM?

Sorry but it’s probably going to be totalled. I would be surprised if any shop cobbled together a “custom” non-OEM authorized fix for insurance work due to the fact that they are held to safety and warranty standards. Any procedure not approved my Chrysler probably not going to happen. Just the nature of having an old vehicle with collision parts no longer available.

Maybe you can buy it back after it gets totaled and find a Jeep/restoration type shop willing to do the custom work.

Reactions: Huckster
What are they offering if totaled? What will they take to buy it back from them and consider the difference as a repair fund. It will have salvage title but may well be worth it if they pay you what it's worth which I doubt ,and you can pick it up for $1000. Drop in a aftermarket cross member, dun deal! Just sayin.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
car-part.com and scour the US for it. Should be plenty available.
If not? Find a good fabricator and fab one out of DOM?
Hey thanks the ones I found on the Internet are on eBay and tend to be made in Taiwan not sure if that’s a quality issue or not however I did find this please see attached what do you think?
Sorry but it’s probably going to be totalled. I would be surprised if any shop cobbled together a “custom” non-OEM authorized fix for insurance work due to the fact that they are held to safety and warranty standards. Any procedure not approved my Chrysler probably not going to happen. Just the nature of having an old vehicle with collision parts no longer available.

Maybe you can buy it back after it gets totaled and find a Jeep/restoration type shop willing to do the custom work.
Yeah that’s my worry it’s been a few years since I bought it but I looked everywhere for the newest TJ I could find a cherished it ever since

What are they offering if totaled? What will they take to buy it back from them and consider the difference as a repair fund. It will have salvage title but may well be worth it if they pay you what it's worth which I doubt ,and you can pick it up for $1000. Drop in a aftermarket cross member, dun deal! Just sayin.
Ummm Hoping it doesn’t come to that but that’s a decent call