Need Help Fixing Broken Jounce

Mikey89

So my jounces were rusted and broke when trying to remove the cups. I don’t know if I need to replace the whole bucket that is welded to the frame or if there is another fix. I think I know the answer but wanna hear it from experienced folk.

2D1DDB3A-5073-4975-935E-4EE6BEABAED5.jpeg
B22BAF76-729A-4620-A7E6-6748D651C5AB.jpeg

You should be able to cut / grind the old one off and weld a new one on I would think.

That’s what I am hoping. I have never welded so I think I’m better off taking it to a pro, the option I expected, just more financially unhappy lol

Yes, I think you'd have to take it to a professional in that case, but it would be easy for them to fix, as it's nothing complicated.

A new mount will need to be made out of pipe or tube. Not difficult if you have the tools.

Reactions: onoffroad
Or do you think it possible to leave the bucket and just replace the tubes? Not sure if they sell them separately anywhere or if they need to be fabricated.

That tube that broke in the second pic is just an aftermarket extension.
So that is what both front sides looked like. I cant seem to find anything to compare it to what stock looks like, but I was under the impression they were stock. Does the full bucket need to be replaced or can I just find 2 new tubes and have them welded in?