Need help fixing misfire issue

Killermiller52

I’m having a problem with my 97 Jeep tj it sounds like it’s having a slight miss and whenever I go to accelerate it sounds rough until I get past first gear what could this be? I’m going to attach the video I took of me revving my engine and at idle I do have my exhaust cut off after the cat and still have all of the o2 sensors which I replaced

I’m having a problem with my 97 Jeep tj it sounds like it’s having a slight miss and whenever I go to accelerate it sounds rough until I get past first gear what could this be? I’m going to attach the video I took of me revving my engine and at idle I do have my exhaust cut off after the cat and still have all of the o2 sensors which I replaced
Cant see the video, could be my iphone or Safari.

Is the check engine light on the dash illuminated?

Have you recently made any changes to the Jeep?

Have you visually inspected the engine bay while it’s running? Anything out of the ordinary? Any weird sounds under the hood when it’s running? Ticking? Like it’s a broken/bad plug wire?

Cant see the video, could be my iphone or Safari.

Is the check engine light on the dash illuminated?

Have you recently made any changes to the Jeep?

Have you visually inspected the engine bay while it’s running? Anything out of the ordinary? Any weird sounds under the hood when it’s running? Ticking? Like it’s a broken/bad plug wire?
The check engine light was taken out before I got it but there’s no codes showing up whenever I plug in a reader also I replaced the wires spark plugs distributor and rotor even tried replacing all o2 sensors and tried flushing the fuel injectors with sea foam I’ve replaced the fuel pump in the last 3 months as well

No codes are being shown but the engine has a shake to it sometimes as well and when I got to accelerate it sounds like it’s gonna bog down or something

How many miles are on the engine? Remove your spark plugs and “read” the condition of them. Run a compression test while you have them out.
4C744369-D13B-4586-9D1F-89C473875DD0.jpeg

One of the spa

one of the spark plugs that I removed looked like #7
How many miles on the engine? Check the spark plug number to make sure it’s the correct one for your engine. Barring that, it could be caused by a rich fuel mixture (not likely if only one cylinder), vacuum leak, low compression.

The check engine light was taken out before I got it but there’s no codes showing up whenever I plug in a reader also I replaced the wires spark plugs distributor and rotor even tried replacing all o2 sensors and tried flushing the fuel injectors with sea foam I’ve replaced the fuel pump in the last 3 months as well
If I was to guess, one of these changes is causing your issue, or did you make these changes in an effort to fix the vibrations, lack of power, and missfires?

Reactions: Daryl
Have you checked the timing to make sure you’re at top dead center? I had a similar sounding issue on a YJ 4.0.